"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Monday, March 19, 2007

a new moon, a new beginning


a new moon today - is there any better time to start anew? a time to let go of negative ways.....



I had to step back from blogging taking a little time away to think. over the past few months, blogging for me became a frenzied activity. I was hyperventilating, stressing and becoming sad - trying to visit blogs so that I wouldn't upset anyone.... and all the time, I was upsetting myself. I was not enjoying it at all....after much contemplation, I decided that I really do enjoy blogging - and I am going to try with all my might, to do it for me - no-one else.
of course I will still be blogging my thoughts and how I feel, but I think I will turn comments off for those posts as they are really just my thoughts that I need to get down...and what better place than here?

so with that said ~ today is a special day for me in many ways...it is my mum's birthday, my 19th wedding anniversary and today, 6 years ago I heard the words - 'Robyn, you have cancer'. I have decided that being a new moon I am starting anew with my attitude towards life. I was never a bitter person, ever, but just lately I have become more and more bitter towards what life has dealt me. And I am really not like that at all. Being human, I am sure I will stumble and fall but when I do, I am going to pick myself up, brush my knees off and get on with it. I will nurture myself of course. On those days that my 'cancer head' rears up, I will thank it for the experience and send it on its way. I must, otherwise I will end up a bitter old crone instead of the pixie-faery that I truly am.

8 comments:

Gill said...

GREAT to see you back

(((HUGS)))))

Daisy Lupin said...

New moon and the Spring Equinox, auspicious days for a new start. A double blessing.

Jana B said...

I am so glad you're back *hugs* And I agree that sometimes we have to take a break from blogging, step back, and remember why it is that we want to blog.

I'm proud of you for doing that! You are awesome Miss R!!!

Suzie Q said...

Great to see you back, Robyn :)

Congrats on all those wonderful celebrations! Much Love to you & your family xXx

gma said...

Dearest Robyn
So happy to see you back...
:-)
Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Robyn so glad to see you are back. I think it is perfectly ok to be bitter sometimes. Just remember you have many people out in this big ole world who love you. The good and the bad. Love, Hugs, and Blessings.

Tinker said...

Happy belated birthday to your Mother, too (my goodness, I've missed a lot! I'm so sorry!)
A new moon is the perfect time to begin anew. Happy blogging to you, Robyn - the blogosphere wouldn't be the same without you.
XOXO

Rosa said...

Right on Pixie Faery. Loveya!