"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Monday, March 19, 2007

19 years of wedded bliss

19 years with my soul mate - how lucky am I? the man who held my hand every day at the cancer clinic for 5 weeks, who fed me my dinner as I lay in the radiation room, the man who moves the furniture around and then moves it back again *because it doesn't look right*, the man who sits and reads the paper while I spend hours in the Sacred Lotus, the man who accepts whatever belief I have this week, the man who loves me for who I am, the man I call my best friend - yep, I am one lucky girl!




I found this poem by Rumi, last week while I was on vacation in Internet world....it describes Joe and I, perfectly. . .

A moment of happiness,
you and I sitting on the verandah,
apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.
We feel the flowing water of life here,
you and I, with the garden's beauty
and the birds singing.
The stars will be watching us,
and we will show them
what it is to be a thin crescent moon.
You and I unselfed, will be together,
indifferent to idle speculation, you and I.
The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar
as we laugh together, you and I.
In one form upon this earth,
and in another form in a timeless sweet land.

15 comments:

Gina E. said...

Honestly Robyn, you are absolutely brilliant with all your blogs! The work that goes into creating each new one blows my simple non-creative mind! Congratulations on your 19th anniversary, and what lovely words you have posted to tell everyone of your love...beautiful.
Thanks for dropping in on me and yes, my fingers are crossed for the weekend (wink! nudge!!) I didn't even realise you were having one until you mentioned it!

Everydaythings said...

special guys like yours are to be treasured as they are like rare gems. How upliftingto hear about a relationship that is so nice and positive. Youre a lucky girl! Glad youre back here too I have missed you.

Peggy said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your soulmate. What a wonderful blessing to be married to your best friend. hugs

The Muse said...

Happy Anniversary :) My thoughts and happiness are with you today friend.

XO

Muse

Gill said...

Happy Anniversary, its sounds like you are the "ideal" couple, love the poem too

paris parfait said...

Happy anniversary, Robyn! Lovely poem. Hope your celebration was fantastic! BTW, finally got your package in the mail today, "recommandee," which means you'll have to sign for it. xo

Sheila said...

Belated congratulations on your anniverary Robyn. Rumi's words are perfect. I'm so glad you have found your soul mate...xxx
I didn't realize you were back here.
The 19th was also my mothers birthday..she would have been 84 this year. I still miss her.

Daisy Lupin said...

I am so glad you have your soulmate Robyn, there is nothing like another half who is prepared to sit and wait happily reading a paper whilst we look around gorgeous quirky shops.

Jana B said...

Awww... Robyn that is so awesome...

*feeling my faith in love being revived*

You are definately a lucky gal! :o)

Annie Jeffries said...

You found treasures in each other. Love blossomed and LASTED. Congratulations, Miss Robyn.

Janet said...

I'm late (as usual!) but I really enjoyed this poem and have copied it! I hope you don't mind. Happy Anniversary to you and Joe....and many more happy years ahead.

Anonymous said...

I might be late as Janet said she was but doesn't that just mean you can keep on celebrating this great day of your life.

A bird in the hand said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary, always and forever.

XOXOXO

Tinker said...

A belated, but heartfelt, Happy Anniversary to you and your Joe! Here's to many, many more happy years together!

(I love that quote, too, btw)

Congratulations, to the two of you!
XOXO

Rosa said...

Congratulations. How exciting. Cheers!