"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, February 25, 2007

thoughts ~ from my journal & gratitude...


I am doing quite well with this simple abundance journey - I don't always remember to write my gratitude down but I do notice alot of the little things in life, which really aren't that little ~

take for instance the citrus butterfly that I saw this week - my grandson Thomas pointed it out to me - "grandma, look at that huge butterfly on your rose" and there it was gently fanning its gorgeous wings, drying them from the downpour earlier that morning.... so I turned the car off and we stood there, just watching....

I have felt overwhelming thanks & gratitude this week, deep in my heart and soul ...

I was told this week to go out into my garden, early each morning and to smell a rose - to breathe in deeply - the perfume of a rose changes the vibration of the cells in your body and brings peace to your soul.......
take this if you will...... (if not, don't email me and tell me I am nuts)



"sometime in life you will go on a journey

It will be the longest journey you have ever taken

It is the journey to find yourself"

~Katherine Sharpe~

And I am very thankful that my soul chose this journey of mine, hard as it is sometimes. I am also thankful that I live on earth in the age of the internet....where I receive support from women, very much like me, who live across the other side of the world. And when I cry out for help, they are there in an instant, surrounding me with love, hugs and friendship.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning miss*R,
I get such a peaceful feeling just reading this post. I love the story about the butterfly. So many people want to win the lottery or win a new car or go to the Bahamas, but I feel that the greatest gift is the gift of inner peace.

Gena said...

I agree Robyn,some of my friends think I am nuts! my sanctuary is the internet and my blogging buddies,I too am re reading simple abundance,how did I miss so much first time around? I feel this time I am "really" reading it!

beth said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note....it's always nice to know that you are never alone.
I'm trying to gather some peace from your blog, as my nerves are frayed right now waiting for my husbands safe arrival and on top of that, the snow is making me feel very edgy today.

A bird in the hand said...

Beautiful! Hold onto these moments, and when you feel you're getting a little "lost", remember them and who you really are! xoxoxo

TJ said...

I had not heard that about the smell of a rose...I love to "look" at them too...to me they are just "perfect" beauty!
I'm glad to live in the age of the internet too...and so thankful and blessed to have so many "cyber" friends!
:-D

Janet said...

This was such a lovely post....I can just see the butterfly drying its wings and you and Thomas watching from the side.
The internet is truly a wondrous thing. It brings the whole world to our doorstep and we can chat with people and learn from them and make our lives richer and fuller than before. I'm also thankful for that.
(And I don't think you're nuts!)

Suzie Q said...

Absolutely beautiful, Robyn. I couldn't agree more with the last paragraph, and it is an absolute pleasure to share your beautiful moments...I love your grandson already! :) Your giving the butterfly its proper name helped me to solve a crossword clue I'd been struggling with, too! Thanks for that! ;)
There is nothing wrong with your mental health, Robyn. You are a sensitive soul, and twice as precious for it. Thank you so much for your uplifting presence.
Have a blissful week ahead...
Hugs, Suze xXx

Annabelle said...

Hi Robyn,


The Scared Lotus sounds and looks like a place I used to frequent as a young girl. Your home must look so lovely and warm with all those colors; surely a positive place to be. The butterfly story was wonderful and it is this kind of moment that holds the key to the true meaning of happiness in life and fulfillment of one's soul.

Luv Annabelle

Heather said...

"the perfume of a rose changes the vibration of the cells in your body and brings peace to your soul......."

I feel like this when I smell roses!!!

paris parfait said...

It's wonderful that your grandson is paying attention to the details as he observes the world around him - and that you can share little delights with him. Stopping to smell the roses is always a good thing, in my book! And yes, thank goodness for the Internet, which helps make our journey easier! xo

Jana B said...

I love the story of your butterfly... some things in nature can have such a powerful impact on our days, if we take the time to pay attention to them.