"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Monday, February 26, 2007

a hippy swap ~ are you a flower child? CLOSED

sorry the swap is closed
I am closing this swap on Wednesday... so if you are still wanting to join please let me know. see below for details....the photo above is what I bought at the Sacred Lotus for the giveaway... once you have sent your parcel, I will put your name into some kind of vessel and draw it out... if you win, I will send this to you.. a thankyou for joining my swap...



remember the 60's ?

all that peace & love. incense & psychedelic t-shirts. make love not war. Patchouli oil. the Doors, Jimi Hendrix & Janis Joplin. flower power.

the years of my youth.

When I stepped back in time in the little shop called the Sacred Lotus, I had a flash of an idea.

A swap - I know they say that if you remember those years, then you weren't really there.... but I am sure most of you can remember something about them.
you can include something handmade if you wish as well as incense, oils, bangles, bags. oh the list is endless! run with it. No marry-joo-wahna (as my mum calls it) - what fun! you could even 'burn' a cd of all your favourite songs, hmmm is that legal?

legal in the 60's? oh man! far out ! !


I am sure you get the idea, just a little collection of hippy stuff, so that when your partner opens her package, she is instantly transported back in time ~ is that a good thing? . . .


* if you want to play, email me with your postal details. Sign-ups are open til the end of February. This is an INTERNATIONAL swap, as it is easier for me to organize.

get it on!!!!

but wait there's more! for those of you who do 'play' ~ I will have a giveaway ~ after signup closes ~ I will draw one name out and that lucky person will receive a box of hippy stuff from me......

groovy

27 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Count me in please, Robyn! I LOVE 7os style, and am an aging Hippy myself! ;) Can't wait!

KaiBlue said...

Groovy babeee!! You know im In, but im npt sending my bus..lol..
Peace, Kai.

Daisy Lupin said...

Well you can count me in, how could I miss out on this one as an ageing hippy, peace man!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun but I have to think on this one before saying yes.

Shell said...

I'm definitely in!

Anonymous said...

Groovy, I'm in too.
Ooooh and I know what I'm gonna make too. Does anyone know how to create a purple haze as special effects when a package is opened LOL.

Sheila said...

Sorry Robyn. I'm too old (?) for this one, to me the 70's was babies and Sesame Street. But it will be fun to see what you all come up with..!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Far out!. Count me in. I'll post about this swap on the 16th of February.
I'll later on send you my address.

Arty Lady's blog said...

Are you kidding! I am the disco Queen of the 70's - surely you saw me on the dance floor. I'M IN. Cannot wait

JoyceAnn said...

Count me in on this swap too. Loved the 70's~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can't wait to open this package !

Ann said...

I'd love to join in too. I loved the 70's! I just bought the Bee Gees's 1 CD. Great music. I've got Brandy by Looking Glass on my MYSpace account.

Robyn I used to read your other Daily Parcels site and was sad to see you go. I just found this site and have been enjoying reading your post about your art class.

Tanaya said...

Please, please, please count me in! (I'm not sure how to email you from here though, sorry!).

tanaya(at)gmail(dot)com

gma said...

Oh this sounds so fun...hope I have time to think about it before it closes.... Groovy Baby!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

This does sound fun and like Gemma I hope there's time to think about it. I am just not sure yet.
Make love not war! Peace and love.

XO

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

ok, with your recent clarification - please add my name to this swap!
XO

Arty Lady's blog said...

Well who's a silly one - MEEEEE. It definitely says 60 but I'm on a 70s tangent. So sorry. All I really remember about the sixties was the monkees and going to Kings Cross with my parents, to flea markets etc. It's all very sketchy to me.

TJ said...

Gotta love Mums!! I say it like that myself sometimes...lol!!
:-D

Peggy said...

I hope all of you post photos of your hippy packages. It will be fun seeing them. I have to pass on this swap but will catch another one.

Anonymous said...

Another swap...(hesitating 1 second) Okay please count me in.

Hugs,
Connie

gma said...

Ok...I love hippy stuff too
I'm in
This will be a blast!

Claire said...

Oooh, please can I play?? I adore all this stuff - and that little shop you found is just wonderful. There's a market stall on Saturdays that looks just like that!!
I'm not sure how to email you my postal details though... I'm over here in England...

Jana B said...

I would love to play... but unfortunately, I seem to be allergic to all things hippy-ish. Anything smoked makes me sneeze (incense especially, but also cigarettes & other illegal smoked things lol) and patchuli (sp?) makes me sneeze, and most perfumy things make me sneeze, and I think sandalwood makes me sneeze too.

Although my hair is very hippyish, and my skirt today is very hippyish, it would seem that I would not have made a good hippy. LOL

Patty said...

Count me in please..I will also send yo another email to verify

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am in It is Tuesday here I hope I am not late I am 80's but people since I was young says I look 60's maybe my big boho shirts, who knows? I really hope I am not late for this

Rosa said...

I am just up to my eyeballs in so many personal things right now, I just can't do a swap. This is the first I have missed in a while Ms. R, as you know. Have fun!! xo

mrsnesbitt said...

Am I in time?

Kim Campbell said...

I am a hippie chick! LOVE Janis!