"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter ? saturday - confused thoughts from my journal


lord, I am confused or at least my soul is.....

just having celebrated Mabon - we are now celebrating easter. to me, it feels ridiculous to be celebrating oestra/easter in autumn

- with baby chickens, eggs, and bunnies that are really springtime things. But that is the way it is and I find if I can blend all of this, without fighting it, I become more settled. Easter is a christian celebration and I guess being bought up a christian, I can still embrace it with my pagan touch. . .same as I have to for Christmas in summer.

If it were just me - I would just go on normally but I have grandchildren and I must have easter eggs for them

. . . so down here in Australia this little witch's wheel of the year is slightly different - Mabon, easter, Samhain......


I struggle with who I am and where I belong.... lately I have been feeling very strong connections to earth, as if I am part of it. Part of this wonderful, vast land, we call Australia.
On my maternal nana's side I am a 4th generation australian but on my Pa's side, I am only 2nd generation - and that is where I feel my soul connection to Cornwall... it is still a part of me, still in my genes...I guess handed down from my great Nan - Laura Tregilgas...so I plod along, this easter Saturday, dazed and confused..going about my daily life.....today we are going to the organic supermarket. I am gradually switching over to totally organic - a hard thing to do but well worth the effort. I need to buy some organic pecans & chocolate - I am making a chocolate pecan crumble cake for tomorrow. Then when we come home, I hope to spend some time in my garden...
(you should be able to print the colouring pages out, so that you can play & colour over easter)


11 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

Chocolate pecan crumble cake sounds so good. I love pecan nuts and of course chocolate. Yes baby chicks and bunnies does seem rather bizarre in autumn, when you stop and think about it.

Lila Rostenberg said...

thanks for the coloring pages..our inner child!

I think you are wise to just relax and go with the flow...Easter-wise that is!

KaiBlue said...

happy Easter Ms Robyn!!
enjoy the peace,
Peace, Kai xx

Janet said...

You are so thoughtful. Coloring pages....what fun! I guess it would seem strange to celebrate Easter with autumn weather. I keep forgetting that you're in another season. But the chocolate pecan crumble cake sounds delish no matter what time of year it is!

Have a wonderful weekend!

A bird in the hand said...

I find I'm buying organic food more and more, probably because it's more available and the prices have come down because of that.

The cake sounds delish...
xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Have a wonderful Easter, enjoy your cake!

We try to buy organic when we can but it's not readily available locally. I'm ready for organic strawberries from the coast soon!
XOXO

gma said...

Have a beautiful Easter Robyn....maybe you can hide some eggs under the fallen leaves....Autumn would offer more hiding places it seems. Have an extra piece of that cake for me
xoxo
:-)

Jana B said...

Chocolate Pecan Crumble???? OMW that sounds absolutely sinful!!!! Got a recipe? LOL

My inner child says thanks for the coloring pages!!!! There are crayons here in the office where I work, and so she plans to make some Mayan-style Easter eggs later today.

You should have a coloring contest!

Everydaythings said...

Robyn, being over here for easter this year I feel able to make the comment - that as aussies we are right to feel confused over the timing of this feast in our autumn. Being over here the gardens are starting to bud and bloom and blossom, and easter is truly appropriate here with all the joys of spring in the air. Next year I shall probably be complaining just the same as you!

Gypsy Purple said...

Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed Easter

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm sorry it's so confusing and you feel out of sync with things. Life is how it should be I supposed and you're where you need to be. Have a lovely Easter Robyn.