"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Friday, April 6, 2007

please someone tell me I am going to be ok !


the other day, I believe I had a severe blood rush to the head. either that or I lost so much blood in THE MISHAP that I wasn't thinking straight.


you see, I went in a town parade on the back of Joe's Harley. THEN, I was so excited - I decided that I loved it and we went out yesterday and bought: one helmet, a Harley leather jacket, protective jeans, leather gloves AND a pair of Dr Martins so that I can go on the back of the bike with Joe.

Am I insane? I am scared of motor bikes, scared that I am going to be maimed or injured or worse, left paralysed in some way. if you want to know why I am so scared - you can go here:
my child hood memories of bikes

I am obviously going through some kind of mid-life crisis because, believe me - this IS NOT NORMAL - it is not a normal thing for me to do.
I am 'worried' about changing - I still want to be a peaceful hedgewitch, not some leather wearing biker chick. Joe assures me that being a pillion will not change my personality in any way.


the kids are shaking their heads, wondering about the sanity of their mother - my mum will never know, cause I am not going to tell her, my friends think it is hilarious. Yes, I am the laughing stock of Woodford right now.


if there are any biker chicks out there, please, PLEASE - tell me I am going to be ok. That I am going to be safe....... tomorrow I am off to buy myself a few protective medals, charms, runes, I will ask the angels to sit with my on the back

- anything, anything that will keep me safe.

17 comments:

Arty Lady's blog said...

Are you crazy, what an adventure! Do it while you can. Feel the wind!

For a birthday present many years ago, a work team put in and bought me a harley ride - the one and only time I'd been on a bike and I'd love it. If only I had a bike!

Daisy Lupin said...

I don't know what to say, I was taken on a wild motorbike ride many years ago, before helmets were compulsory and thought I was the bees knees rushing through the countryside long hair flowing out behind me leather biker chick [borrowed] jacket. I loved it but was terrified, it was all that leaning to the left and leaning to right going round corners. I look forward to hearing about your bike adventure.

Carole Burant said...

Hey you're talking to an almost 50 year old who just got a tattoo recently! I think my boys are still in shock! lol Hey, if you enjoy riding on the Harley, go for it!! It's one way of overcoming your fear of bikes too. Enjoy!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have a good friend who bought herself a Harley for her 40th birthday. She's still alive and kicking and has'nt had an accident.
You go girl! Love your pics too, looks so luscious compared to around here, even though it has greened up some, it's still not as beautiful as where you are.

Anonymous said...

Go for it! Live, live, live......

Trust that you will be fine!

Sheila said...

I loved bikes, and spent most of my youth on the back of one, without a helmet or protective gear..!
Embrace it, don't question it, if you are having fun everything will be fine..
Happy Easter dear friend..
hugs
xx

Janet said...

My first vehicle was a Vespa motor scooter and it was love at first ride! Several guys I dated over the years rode motorcycles and I loved riding on the back. I don't think you're crazy at all. I think it sounds like FUN!!

Anonymous said...

Go and have fun!!!

Take care,
Connie

Gill said...

Have fun on your ride, you WILL be safe :-}

Take care
Gill

gma said...

OMG I bought a Levi Jacket @ an estate sale with Harley wings and logo on back. Love it.Harley's are a big thing around here...even the Elementary school Principal rides a brand new yellow one. Let me suggest skin tight leather pants and jacket...:-)

Gina E. said...

As the saying goes, Robyn, you can walk out of your front door and get hit by a bus. Some of our friends used to call Ken and I "temporary Australians" when we were riding our motorcycles full time. But - we're still here! As for your own feelings, just trust your Soul Mate. You must know he wouldn't do anything to endanger your lives.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I have a couple of friends whose husbands have Harley's or another kind of motorcycle...they don the gear, hold on and ride. I am not a fan of them personally but if G was in to it I would hang on to his waist and go. There was a time he wanted one.
Joe rides all the time right? I truly don't think he'd put you in any danger - in fact I am sure he will love knowing you are with him.
Enjoy and please post a photo of yourself in full regalia!!
have a lovely Easter!!
XOXO

Tinker said...

Put on those leathers and helmet, hug your man, and feel the wind! Have a lovely Easter weekend, dear Robyn. xo

Suzie Ridler said...

Robyn, if my back would allow me, me and my husband would still be riding our beautiful motorcycle. I can't bear to let go of my helmet, hoping that one day I'll get to enjoy that again. It's one of my favourite ways to enjoy nature, it's a true way to adventure. I think you're facing some deep fears and realizing how much joy that can promise.

Jana B said...

*gasp* I LOVE BIKES!!!! I was scared to death of them too, until I got on one this Thanksgiving... OMW!!! They are SO unbelieveably addictive!!!! I told James he needed one. *giggle*

You're not alone! And I'm DEFINATELY not going through the change, so it can't be blamed on that lol

A bird in the hand said...

You are doing the thing that scares you so you can "heal" the fear and be scared no more!
That's what I think! xoxo

kansasrose said...

Sounds like your "inner wild woman" spirit is needing the rush and some time with you...you need to run with the wolves babe! Go with it...and have a great time sweetie! :)