"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Monday, April 9, 2007

Ann - without an 'E'


On the easter weekend, a tradition of mine is to sit and watch Anne of Green Gables, sipping hot chocolate, snuggled under a blanket, enjoying the first really cold day of autumn. This year I wasn't disappointed.





"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

"Don't you ever imagine things differently than what they are? Oh, Marilla, how much you miss."
~Anne~


yes, my middle name is Ann - 'without an E' just like Ann from Green Gables. I grew up with the Ann stories - my mum would read me the books when I was a girl and I progressed to reading them myself & I still do....

I relate to Ann in many ways - she is a true kindred spirit...... she craves things just like I do & she is passionate in her ways, just like I am. She wants a bosom buddy, just like I want.
Which goes to show me, that I am fairly normal. If you think of me as Ann*E*, it kind of explains things...


"I've always dreamed of having a "bosom" friend...a true kindred spirit"

"Go away, Marilla, I'm in the depths of despair"
~Anne~

and this:

"It's not what the world holds for you.....but what you bring to it."

14 comments:

Pam Aries said...

HoPpY Easter! ... It is strange to think of Easter in Autumn! Isn't it amazing what we all take for granted?How our environments are the total opposite? Wow! BTW:My outgoing email is still not working!

Daisy Lupin said...

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Sheila said...

My middle name is ANN without an "E" as well...!!
The Anne of Green Gables character is an institution here. We still get the serialised version shown constantly..but I've never seen the film. Hope you had a Happy Easter..
xx

Arty Lady's blog said...

I always wanted a top like Anne, with puffy sleeves but my parents didn't want to buy me one (said it wouldn't suit me).

Funny what we remember

Sue Seibert said...

I love Anne, and the movies are all marvelous. I haven't seen them in a while, but I truly love them...and I know what you mean. It's hard to have a "bosom" friend. Sometimes I think I do, and sometimes I think I don't have one.

Happy Easter.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables - I've seen the series a couple of times and have thought of purchasing the set to watch at will. It hasn't been shown here in quite some time.
Ah that bosom friend-true kindred spirit....that's a whole other comments worth.
I'm glad you enjoyed your day.
XOXO

Peggy said...

What a perfect way to spend a day. I have always love Anne of Green Gables. Now I have the pleasure of watching with the grandchildren. Have a great week!

A bird in the hand said...

Anne, a perennial favorite. (You know she's Canadian, don't you?)

xoxo

Tinker said...

I'm at least a day late (I get these time zones so mixed up) but I'm glad you had a happy Easter. Love Ann(e) of Green Gables - I can identify with that longing, too. Since I'm late with the Easter wishes, I'll wish you a wonderful Autumn, Robyn! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Happy Easter. You have many Bosom Buddies on this great thing we call the WWW. Love Hugs and Blessings.

Tammy said...

I am a huge Anne fan!! I haven't watched the movies in a long time, but I may have to do that now!! Wonderful stuff!!

Laurie said...

I just love Anne ~ right now I am reading Anne of the Island...

tlchang said...

What a fun tradition to have (although it still feels odd to think of Easter in autumn for you 'down' there... That would make it a bit difficult to reconcile the Celtic holidays with the differing seasons... Good for you for trying! ;-)

J C said...

I am sad to say I have never seen/read Anne of Green Gables. I guess I have missed something important in my life. I grew up with The Hardy Boys, My Friend Flicka, National Velvet, The Secret Garden, Wizard of Oz, and so on. Somewhere along the way, Anne has escaped me. Perhaps I need to make up for it now. Take care Mz. Robyn.