"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Saturday, March 10, 2007

the perfect send off. . .

yesterday I attended the funeral of a friend.
Only he would have had the Travelling Wilburies 'End of the Line' playing as he was carried in.....
Only he would have had John Lennon's 'Imagine' playing as we reflected on his life.....
a perfect ceremony for a wonderful soul....
this poem below is what he requested to be read out as we walked from the chapel
THE THOUGHTS OF NANUSHKA
"to mourn too long for those we love is self - indulgent
but to honour their memory with a promise to live a little better for having known them, gives purpose to their life
and some reason for their death . ."

9 comments:

Arty Lady's blog said...

Robyn

Such a lovely poem.

Thining of you at the moment, take care of yourself.

Liz
xo

A bird in the hand said...

I have a poem on my website (on "Lise's Page" in the links on my opening page) that I want read at my funeral. Take a look when you have a moment. I find it very comforting.
xoxo

amelia said...

I just love that poem, we should all live by those words but it's hard....

Suzie Ridler said...

There is such truth to that poem. I hope your heart is healing and finding meaning Robyn, I can feel you're a little lost right now. I'm so sorry it's so hard.

Tinker said...

What a lovely thought...
((hugs))
xoxo

Suzie Q said...

Wonderful songs, and wonderful sentiments. A beautiful celebration of life..
I hope you feel much better very soon, Robyn. Thinking of you & sending my love xXx Suze

gma said...

The thoughts of Nanushka...beautiful!

Jana B said...

That is an amazing poem...

*hugs* It sounds like you're having a rough way to go lately...

paris parfait said...

What a beautiful poem. So sorry about your good friend. xo