"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Thursday, March 8, 2007

I am spinning & struggling right now

I know I am going to be hit with an onslaught of positive thinking comments, but right now positive thinking is a long way off.... life sometimes sends curved balls and this time - it has sent me spinning and struggling... and what has happened in the past few days has made me physically sick.
the past few days seem to have had so much sad news, nothing to do directly with me but I feel so burdened with sadness... what the heck is life all about?
I know all the cliches about cancer... it isn't a death sentence - etc, etc etc.....but the bottom line is - cancer is the pits.. in a less than nice term - it sucks.
two days ago a friend died from cancer - I go to his funeral today. Yesterday a friend called me and told me her son in law had just received news that he has terminal cancer.. he is 20. Then to top that off I heard yesterday that another friends son in law had been killed in a motor cycle accident last week... he was just 21, his wife of 6mths is 20.
so right now - positive and happy thoughts are not living in my soul........ sadness is.

15 comments:

The Muse said...

Sadness has a place in your soul. It's got as much right to be felt, as does happiness. I'll never forget what a woman I admire very muchonce told me as she suffered through cancer and then found out her friend had it too:

I will tell her that when the voices rise in unison with their monotonous, incessant platitudes about how she'll beat this, about how one day when she is 80 she'll look back on this as something that made her so much stronger, it will be okay if she tells them to stuff it -- if she tells them that their blind optimism can be dismissive, belittling, condescending, and defeating.
~*~
I know that sounds harsh to those who are just trying to be helpful, but you can never truly understand this statement until you've been in those very shoes.

So I say feel the sadness, allow yourself to experience this, and then when ready... Let those that care hold your hand, hold hers, and offer positivity and love.

I am thinking and praying for you and yours today.

(Link to the full post below)
For all the Sarahs

Lisa said...

{{{{{{{{Robyn}}}}}}}

KaiBlue said...

I left you some words on my blg..
Peace n love, Kai.

altermyworld said...

Dear R,
my heart wrapping around yours.
Ang

Sheila said...

These things always seem to come in clusters, never giving us time to draw breath.
I hope these dark clouds soon disperse and let a little sunshine in for you. Until then know you are cherished for the feeling soul that you are.
Hugs
xx

Carole Burant said...

((((Robyn)))) you are loved xox

Suzie Ridler said...

That just isn't fair, no one should be hit with so much sadness all at once. I'm so sorry Robyn, for your loss and the loss of all those around you.

A bird in the hand said...

You wouldn't be human if you were expected to be "positive" in the face of all this. I'm so sorry you've been hit by bad news from all sides. March is a hard month for me because of such anniversaries, and it saddens me to learn of more. Much love and comfort to you.xoxoxo

Rosa said...

So sad.

Patty said...

I'm sorry that your hurting. I will light a candle for you that things will be brighter soon.

Anonymous said...

Just an awful lot of news to deal with all at once...so sad. My heart goes out to you my friend. You will be in my prayers.

Hugs,
Connie

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I feel so bad for your friends/family going through this AND their families. And I feel bad for you as well as it's a lot to take in all at the same time. YOUR feeling sad is very natural!
Sending you many hugs.
XOXO

Suzie Q said...

Sending my love, Robyn, and big, big hugs (((xXx)))

Heather said...

What a poopy bunch of news!! That all really sucks. I'm sorry.

Tinker said...

I'm so sorry you're going through such a sad time. It's hard to stay positive when so many sad things are happening all around you. Sending you (and your loved ones) many prayers and ((((hugs)))), dear Robyn. XOXO