"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, February 11, 2007

the gratitude journal


yesterday afternoon, we had a torrential downpour - and it kept going. It just poured & poured overnight - I know it will take alot more than this to break our drought but oh, the sound of the rain on our tin roof, sounded like a choir of angels!

my first born turned 32 today. yes, 32 years ago at the age of 17, I gave birth to a teeny tiny baby weighing 5lbs 14oz. A tiny little boy. mind you, I was a tiny little girl and just a baby myself. But I did well and my son has grown into a fine young man - a father of two himself.

it brings joy to my heart - to sit and look at my children - to see them mature into caring, decent people.

yesterday, Joe & I went out for lunch and I 'discovered' a true Alladins Cave ~ I spied a sign saying ' the Sacred Lotus' and not being able to control myself, I followed the path and around the corner was a little shop - but more on that next week....... just a glimpse of what I bought:



have no idea what these are called but they go along the top of a doorway - I loved it - so I bought one at my discovered Alladins cave ..... it was cheap, is not an antique but I adore it ! If I had ever visited Morocco or India, I am sure this would bring back memories of my trip
my style of decorating follows no rules ....if I like it, I use it.

14 comments:

Tinker said...

It's beautiful. Glad you're getting some rain at last! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh I think that is beautiful...It is so much fun to find treasures and bring them home and display them.

So happy you are getting rain...

Hugs,
Connie

gma said...

Great decorating style...if you love it then it's authentic!!!!It's how I decorate too.
xo

Sheila said...

It's beautiful. Each choice reflects a facet of your personality. This says you are exotic..!
Sounds like a great store..take piccies next time you visit.
Happy Birthday to your son..!
Hugs
xx

A bird in the hand said...

Happy giving-birth day, Robyn!
And Happy birthday to your son.

and happy exploring in Alladin's Cave....xoxo

Janet said...

That shop looks so interesting! My kind of place if it's anything like the beautiful banner you bought. I'm with you on the decorating style. If I like it then it's what I do, too. Only occasionally does HB say something like "Are you really gonna do that?"

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Happy Birthday to your son!
LOVE the banner...there is nothing more fun than decorating with the eclecticism we all have inside. Sounds like a fabulous shop!
XO

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to your son dear Robyn! As mothers, we can pat ourselves on the back that we did so well with our children:-) Ooooh an Aladdin's Cave...you'd never get me out of there! hehe Love the banner you bought! Hugs xox

hollibobolli said...

Happy joyful day to you. Your comment the other day immediately made us kindered spirits and I so appreciated every word. I don't think you truly appreciate the celebration of a birthday, until you have a child.

I love the sound of rain - except I have a dog with long white hair that likes to go wallow in the mud. feh.

xoxo

Pam Aries said...

Robyn... that is so cool!

Pam Aries said...

I forgot... Does Customs open your packages??/ Did they SMELL the lavender? What the heck? hee hee

tlchang said...

Hooray for rain! Great gratitude list.

Suzie Q said...

Ooooh, Robyn, I've wanted one of those (torah? I think) for years now, and keep intending to make one. Yours is so beautiful! What a find!
Enjoy! :)
I hope your son had a wonderful birthday, and I'm with you on being grateful for John Lennon and remembering the 70s, too! :)
Hugs (((xXx)))

Suzie Q said...

Robyn, it's a 'toran'! I just checked! A torah is a Jewish scroll, so I hope I haven't offended anyone with my ignorance! my humble apologies.

With Love,
Suze xXx