"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, February 11, 2007

posty, posty don't be slow. . .

"Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds"
~ so what was it that caused this parcel to arrive about 4 mths later?



my swap gift for the tea-towel swap from Liz - LIZ - was sent middle of October and it arrived late Friday afternoon battered and battle worn - inside were some gorgeous things: 3 teatowels, some peppermint tea, a lovely lavender sachet (which I am surprised that it wasn't confiscated by customs) and a package of ephemera...... sadly, I don't think my package to Liz arrived either. I will put another package together for her but I am not sure if I can find any more gorgeous vintage teatowels........

also plopped on my doorstep were three other packages - it was like Christmas:

I am sure customs think I am drug runner. They constantly open packages and remove suspect items - lavender & tea mostly. what a hoot! my name is on the list of the highly suspect

1. a sweet, sweet resin pendant made by Sacred suzie - thanks Suzie, I wore it yesterday xo

2. my sock swap from Pea - a gorgeous blue pair with a butterfly on them! ~ Mister Customs had a wonderful time removing the lavender from the parcel and was kind enough to inform me that I had to pay $48 if I wanted it fumigated. I decided not (and if you are reading this Pea - I am rubbish, rubbish - yours was sent late. I was looking for a special pair of socks that I had seen and tried and tried to get them. In the end I gave up and sent some others. But I will still look for the ones I truly wanted and get them to you when I find them)

3. my valentines gift from Angela - yummy chocolates which jumped into my mouth all day yesterday while I was playing in my art room! thankyou thankyou from the bottom of my heart!

* * *

PLEASE, PLEASE ~ REMEMBER TO PUT A CUSTOMS DECLARATION ON ANY PACKAGE YOU SEND INTO OUR COUNTRY!

CUSTOMS DON'T SEEM TO OPEN PACKAGES WITH THE CORRECT PAPER WORK

12 comments:

Lila Rostenberg said...

What a fun day to get so many packages!

I hope your doll arrives soon and safely...I put the paper work on her!!!!

Have a good Sunday!

Peggy said...

don't you just love getting packages! Looks like you had some nice swap partners.

Sheila said...

Even then they are nosey...!
I put a declaration on your pkg at Christmas and they still opened it, as I recall..!
Four months is really something, even Canada Post would have trouble beating that..!
Still better late than never and everything looks very interesting..!

Carole Burant said...

Darn...I didn't realize customs wouldn't like me enclosing some Lavender sachets...grrrr! Well at least you got your socks:-) I'm sure I'll love the ones you sent me, don't you worry about having to look for the other ones!! It certainly was your lucky day for nice mail coming in:-) Hugs xox

Angie at Home said...

Robyn... thanks so much for the treats.. I love the handmade heart... and after dinner... I'm going to break open the chocolate and I've posted a pic at this blog:

http://simplicity.efx2.com

Gill said...

4 months?
That is insane~!
Glad you finally got your treasures.
xo

Gill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KaiBlue said...

do letters need a customs form tooo?

If they do..I forgotted..and your letter is now being held in a secure customs place until they can microscopically disect it..

PEace, Kai :)

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am so glad it finally got there! the funny thing is that i know the customs declaration ticket was on there...i go to a great post office where they always make sure my international packages have the right paperwork. well, at least it got there! and i am so glad they didn't confiscate the lavender... :)

Janet said...

There is nothing better than receiving wonderful packages from far away. Even if it took four months to arrive it looks like it was worth the wait.

A bird in the hand said...

Lavender sachets, fumigation, good heavens! My post office makes me fill all kinds of forms, so here's hoping....

On the other hand, there's something exciting about getting all the packages in one go!

xoxo

Suzie Ridler said...

I am so glad you got it Robyn! Nope, I missed this post, thank you for letting me know through the comments, I really appreciate it and am so happy you love it and it's so you! You're very welcome and thank you again for my medicine doll, she brings me much comfort.