"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, February 18, 2007

from my journal & a peek at what I am grateful for this week

starting the simple abundance journey this time, has been so far for me, like unlocking a cupboard that has been closed for years - you knew what was inside but had forgotten just how special some of the things were.

me at age 10? I was a serious child like I had the worlds problems on my shoulders and in many ways I guess I did - well so I thought. I had a handful of friends, I wasn't little miss popular but to that handful I was loyal. .

Sometimes I feel inadequate with this constant searching of mine. I 'arrive' at a comfortable place in my spiritual journey and I feel settled, like I have found what I have been looking for and I relax & sigh. Then, the niggling starts again, like my soul is tempting me, come, there is more...... and then as I travel I feel like I am alone, to seek and find.

I like the term that was used this week - inner safari. I cannot wait to discover myself......

I noticed alot to be grateful for this week but just didn't get to writing it in my journal.... but living here, in the Blue Mountains, a World heritage area. A place where I can really feel the soul of Mother Earth.... for that I am thankful - a thanks from deep withing my heart and soul..... take a peek at what I saw on my walk.......







all of the photos above were taken at dusk at Echo Point in Katoomba, home to the world famous Three Sisters..... Joe and I often walk to Echo Point and have dinner looking at these views... how lucky we are!

I am not a professional photographer and my camera is a fairly basic digital Kodak... but I play and took these two photos of the Three Sisters.



16 comments:

Gina E. said...

We spent a few days of our honeymoon in the Blue Mountains, and vowed to return some day, but sadly we have never found the time. Piece of heaven on earth; you are fortunate to live there.

Unknown said...

Good morning miss*R

Oh my! I didn't know they made places like that. It is stunning. I feel my heart just opening up when I see this. Where is the noisy interstate with 1/2 million cars? Excellent choice of places to live.

Also, YES, thanks for giving me the idea of taking dolly with me to Cap Cod. In fact, I think I'll establish a little miss*R place for people to visit and leave you notes.

My life parallels yours in some ways. I, too, was a very serious child with only a few friends. I, too, struggle with a way to fit into the world. A friend recently wrote to me, "You are an extraordinary person trying to find a place in an ordinary world." You can read the word "extraordinary" any way you want -- extra-sensitive, extra-creative, extra-loving, extra-intuitive. But it fit me, and it helped me understand why I struggle so much. I sense that you have the same challenge.

Well, I think you are just marvelous. I am grateful for your presence in my life.

Suzie Q said...

OMG, Robyn! What a place!! How incredible to be able to take a walk in that environment - I've only ever seen places like that on TV! Breathtaking, and your photo's are wonderful...
I like the sound of the Simple Abundance book and must look out for it. The gratitude bit is a great practice..
I go through this Spiritual quest in phases, too. I spent a lot of the 90s on a real urgent quest, then slowed down a lot and can feel the urgency coming back now..
It's wonderful to have a circle of like-minded people to share with this time, it makes a big difference, I think..
Thank you for being one of them, Robyn! :) Hope your weekend was as beautiful as your surroundings..
Hugs, Suze xXx

p.s. I'm sorry you have to go all round the wrekin to find me, but I can only comment here from my now dysfunct blogger blog. Keep you on your toes, don't I? ;)

Daisy Lupin said...

Robyn, you live in a most beautiful and spiritual part of the world. I am sure you must, over the years, have searched out and found your power spots or [vortexs] in this wonderful place. Is there a legend about the three sisters?

Gypsy Purple said...

How lucky you are....so beautiful

Chamara

Pam Aries said...

Wow! How cool! It is so majestic!

paris parfait said...

What stunning views! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting these fab photos. xo

gma said...

Wow Robyn... spectacular views! Sending my love to the 3 sisters and all of your part of the world.
xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What a most beautiful area..to have that be something so close to home..to readily to go and just be in its moment - you are indeed quite fortunate. I think it would serve me well if I had such a place to contemplate and walk to.
XO

Heather said...

What a wonderfully, magical looking spot!! I can imagine you and your husband going there, breathing deep and feeling so content at just being.

Naturegirl said...

Breathtaking! Wish I were there!hugs NG

Tinker said...

Oh, it's so beautiful there! Thank you for sharing the beauty, Miss R! xoxo

Gena said...

Sometimes when I read your blog Robyn, your feelings eerily mirror my own, I dont know, what is this? an age thing? do other women around our age feel like they are still searching? or perhaps we are on the brink of something truly amazing! I am starting to re read simple abundance too, lovely post.xx

Janet said...

OMG! To live surrounded by that beauty would be like heaven on earth. And to be able to walk there at anytime is just incredible. The only thing I see when I walk outside is more houses!

I did a lot of searching and getting to know me several years ago, then I kind of relaxed for awhile but now it's coming around again and I feel the urge to dig deeper. I think we are living in a wonderful time when so much is being talked about finding inner peace and being on a spiritual quest. I think it's exciting!

Jana B said...

The mountains look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I love your idea of an "inner safari"... sounds so adventurous!!!!!!

Kim Campbell said...

it is beautiful. My step mother always told me I was a sensitive soul. I worried much about others and their feelings.