"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, January 14, 2007

the gratitude journal




I have been trying for two years to complete Simple Abundance - but life gets in the way, I get lazy & give up. this year I want to succeed, this year I have promised myself that I will complete it and if I miss a day or two, I will not slap myself about the head and body, nor will I tar and feather myself. Today - the gratitude journal - wonderful! I can continue on my Sunday gratitudes here and then daily write them into my journal - it says to buy a new book for the gratitude journal but I think, I will just write them into my one and only journal or maybe I can find pictures that I am grateful for...I find it hard to put into words what I am grateful for - oh yes - the usual things - the husband, the children, health etc etc but most times I miss the little things in life, you see, I am busy rushing headlong into life that I don't slow down to smell the flowers or to smile at the old man on the street, so this will be a challenge.


13 comments:

Sheila said...

I have reread it several times, but I confess to never actually keeping up with the journal.If you miss a day, just read until you catch up again...it's *allowed*.

Gina E. said...

Trust me to be the last one to find out what that is all about! I have read about this Simple Abundance on your blog and others over the past year, but really had no idea what it was. Last week I was in Borders bookshop and there they were - two or three I think - large wonderful looking books just asking me to take them home. Alas, they were right out of my price range at this time in my life, but now that I've seen them, I may just drop a hint in the right directions that this is what I would like for my next birthday!

gma said...

Oh Robyn ....I know what you mean about the Gratitude Journal...When you start looking around you notice so many wonders of the world...so much to be thankful for...the slant of the sunlight,childrens laughter etc. I even started finding beauty in unlikely places and often do that for fun....even colors and shapes in the rusty old ruins....:-)

paris parfait said...

Lovely post, Robyn and photos.

A bird in the hand said...

Good attitude!
Beautiful vintage little dress and handbag in the photo...gorgeous, actually. Like you. xox

Tinker said...

Wonderful idea, the gratitude journal - whichever way works best for you, is the way to go, I think.
Lovely little excerpt there.
Hope you have a wonderful day, Miss *R*!
xo

Tea said...

What a nice idea to have a gratitude journal. Looks like you had a nice trip too, love that bus!
Your sea shells remind me of the ones I collected when I saw the North sea in England. Never saw a sea before. I also gathered up some seaweed and brought it home. You should ahve seen the look on the customs guys face LOL It smelled like a nice bubblebath strangely. Pssssst....it was on the 3rd :) Yours must be soon. Thanks for such a sweet compliment too :)

tea
xo

Janet said...

I have read Simple Abundance a couple of times. I keep it beside my bed and read each day as it comes along. I also keep a gratitude journal and write in that at night before bed. I find if I keep both books right there beside my bed I don't forget.

I love your entry today!

Janet said...

I have read Simple Abundance a couple of times. I keep it beside my bed and read each day as it comes along. I also keep a gratitude journal and write in that at night before bed. I find if I keep both books right there beside my bed I don't forget.

I love your entry today!

Anonymous said...

I so love that book and I tried to keep a journal. It just didn't work for me. However, I still feel for the short time I did participate it felt very good. Hope you have good luck.

Hugs,
Connie

Naturegirl said...

I LoVe Simple Abundance! Have read through it twice and am ready for a third..so much inspiration when you really need some.This book has pulled me through many a dark day!
LoVe...your pink purse!!hugs NG

Sherri Williams said...

I am also trying to read Simple Abundance this year. Like you life got in the way last year. We'll have to encourage each other.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I LOVE this book but I think my favorite is Romancing the ordinary also by the same author.
Thanks for all of your tips on the exchange, I have more people on the list!!!