"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Peter n me


one of my best friends is Peter. I have known him for over 17 years. He is 74. Last night we went to black and white dinner dance to raise money for one of his charities. Just a country dance, nothing fancy but had alot of fun. Peter is a stickler for doing everything right and is known for his amazing dinner parties - often cooking 3 courses for over 20 or so of his friends. We celebrate New Year with him every year. He is a florist & a chef by trade - having travelled to London when he was young and at one stage did floristry work for the Palace.
both photos were taken by Joe - who is not a professional photographer as you can see, but I love the one above - it captures both of us so well.




10 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

Very nice photo! He looks like a lot of fun and a little ornery!

Daisy Lupin said...

Looks like good fun and that answers the question I was pondering, what a black and white dinner was!

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Robyn! Just catching up with all your news:-) I so love all the bike pictures...I can just imagine the noise, though, when they're all started up! lol Love your leather jacket!! Peter sounds and looks like such a fun man:-) Take care of yourself my friend! xox

fairytalesandflowers said...

Looks as if it was lots of fun!!
Is it starting to get a wee bit cooler? I would love to say it was nice and warm here in Scotland but I would be a liar!!
Speak soon?
Wendy

fairytalesandflowers said...

OMG can I comment or is my browser just temperemental again???

Sheila said...

Sometimes these events are the most fun, you both look like you are having a great time.
You look very nice in your black and white outfit, that skirt is very interesting.

A bird in the hand said...

I love to see you having fun!!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful friend. Sometimes I wishes WE lived a little more closer so I could 'pop over' and get up to mischief with you. What's that saying about "Good friends being precious and rare....." Well I certainly don't have far to look to find one of my most precious friends.... xox

Peggy said...

what a great friend! I bet he keeps you laughing or smiling all the time

Pirra said...

Hello. I have been reading your blog on and off for awhile now but have never commented.

i was really taken aback when I saw your picture. You remind me of a woman I used to see in my dreams. (An older version of her though) I call her Pani. And it's been a cause of distress for other family members over the years. Have you ever lived near a cliff face or rock wall of some sort?
Sorry I am rambling.
~Pirra