"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Friday, June 8, 2007

the Croning



it is just under six months til I reach 50 years of age! as most of my readers know, I have struggled for a year or two with all manner of emotions. In 2001, I was put into instant menopause at age 43 - radiation killing my ovaries. So for the past few years I have been taking HRT, sporadically. When I forget to take it - I am a raving and ranting lunatic - falling prey to a melancholy that is just awful - couple that with being severely influenced by the moon - well, I am sure you all know...
quite a few of you have supported me through my ups and downs - giving sage advice when I ask - emails that sometimes touch me to the very core....


* a friend emailed me a few months back - talking about my age, approaching normal menopause. She likes to think of it as the "goddess" age instead of the crone.
in her words:
""Most people call it the "Crone stage" ~ I call it the Goddess stage, because when you think about it, you can only become a Goddess when you have enough life experience. Goddess is so much nicer than crone, more stately and commanding. We must always remember we are remarkable, experienced, commanding women, that have battled through life and should now be due some serenity

WELCOME TO THE CLUB I have never talked about it because the other person has to achieve it themselves, it happens in its own time and won' t be hurried.
From now on you can learn everything again from you Goddess perspective. Just relax and enjoy.""

so coming up to 50, I am going to plan a Croning Ceremony. I have been reading about it in a book I have - Sacred Ceremony by Steven Farmer ~ not sure how I will do it but I am planning on having a little online ceremony here on my blog, somehow - I hope you will all come and celebrate with me!

16 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

Yah for ms Robyn! Welcome to the Goddess stage, looking forward to your ceremony.

Sheila said...

Welcome to the club..!
Goddess Robyn..it has a ring to it..!

Own your magnificence
~
The world needs your brilliance and grace..
hugs
xx

Kim Campbell said...

I would be honored to partake in the ceremony!

Gill said...

Godess stage sounds wonderfull :-}

I would love to be included in your ceromony.

Take care
Gill XX

Anonymous said...

You will make a beautiful Goddess. Hope I can be there for your ceremony.

Hope you are doing well.
Take care,
Hugs,
Connie

gma said...

I wouldn't miss the honor of welcoming you into the Goddess stage. I will assist you from this side of the world...let me know what ceremony I can do here.
You will have assistance from all over Earth....how great is that?
xoxo

amelia said...

I was (am) definitely a crone going through menopause!!!!
I like your way a lot more but it's hard to 'embrace' those hot flashes!

Julie said...

Count me in. I had no ceremony at 50 and it's been almost 8 years, so it's about time I participate in one. I am happy to have passed over to the "other side". I've gained so much wisdom and have grown spiritually and emotionally. Other than having a nicer-looking, better-working body, I wouldn't trade my crone-ness (erm, goddess-ness)for anything! WE ARE ALL GODDESSES!

Gill said...

I am excited for you Robyn. Great milestone that is...can't wait to see what the Croning Ceremony is like.
Getting older is reserved for the best things in life, wine, cheese and beautiful women!!!
xoxo Go girl!

Anonymous said...

Goddess sounds so much better than crone. Oh I would be so honored to participate in your ceremony. It sounds like it could easly turn into a grand celebration.

Tinker said...

I do like Goddess much better than crone - and especially since I'm only a few days behind you in turning 50, I will more than happily celebrate with you! XO

Rowan said...

I like the sound of Goddess much better than crone, I've been lucky and passed through the menopause without any real problem, just occasions when I asked ' is it hot in here or is it me?' From all the stories I've heard I realise I've ben very lucky. I turned 60 last year and am still trying to get used to the idea - inside I'm still about 35! My photo is the one taken on my 60th birthday.

peppylady (Dora) said...

3 years I'll be 50 and no sign of menopause yet. Unless you count my anixity flair up before my period which isn't no fun.
Yes may a goddess will do something for me.

fairytalesandflowers said...

I absolutely cannot wait to celebrate with you, sweetie!
Wendy

Annie Jeffries said...

Countn me in Robyn. What a beautiful thing to do, making a ceremony of then coming of age in wisdom.

I'm one of those lucky women that had menopause come and go. Hello. Good-bye. I know that many are not so lucky. That would include my mother and my sister. I pray my daughter has an easy time of it.

Sue Simpson said...

How comforting to read this Robyn...I'm going througn the same thing. My moods range from abject misery to the most awful pangs of sadness. Some days I can't seem to find any joy and everythings a struggle. Thank you for making me feel....not so alone! Lets celebrate becoming the Goddess.
Love sue xxx