"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, June 10, 2007

winter solstice gift-away

* ~ * above is a winter solstice collage that will be included in the gift * ~ *

don't forget to sign up here for the winter solstice gift-away! I draw the name on Monday (my time) - blessed B xoxo


coming up for us soon is the winter solstice - yule-tide. Being winter, I am in the mood for creating some fabric craft for Christmas - what better time than when the weather is cold, a hint of snow every now and then - the perfect season for it! It is just at the wrong time of year. However - it is yule-tide in Australia and there is not a thing I can do about it.

we don't do gifts at this time of year so to make it kind of 'real' - I thought a little gift-away would help me get into the yule-tide spirit.

all you have to do is comment on this post and your name will go in the drawing. I will close it on 11th June so that gives me plenty of time to get the gift to the winner by Winter Solstice - June 22....

blessed be!

15 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

This will be fun! It is so funny to think of you having snow when it is suppoed to be 90 here tomorrow!
XO

Julie said...

Even though I learned it in grade school it has always been hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Australia's seasons are opposite ours. But reading your blog and that of another Aussie (can't remember who at this point) makes it very real for me as I read about putting gardens to bed for the winter, the weather turning cold and lighting a fire in the fireplace for the first time of the season. Happy Winter Solstice soon to come!

Sheila said...

After a hot and muggy weekend it has really cooled off here tonight, but not enough for snow..!
I think this is a very good way for you to come to terms with the seasons...and when we are all stressing at the beginning of December you can relax in the sunshine...LOl
xox

Gill said...

Wow, winter. You are lucky! There is much to love about the winter season...do what I do....try to enjoy the season no matter when it is.
It is hard though, you are used to the opposite. AT least you are trying to make it work at your house.
xoxo

Gill said...

Sure seems like Winter here LOL.

Rain rain and more rain, I know we need it, but could we have a couple of dry days pleasee???? :-]

Take care
Gill

gma said...

Love the things you do with fabric...Winter IS a good time to make crafts....really you are lucky to have time to create in winter and not have to worry about Christmas shopping too...!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't think of Australia having snow I only think of beaches and pretty blue ocean.

Your doing yule give away and now I'm hosting a Litha or summer solstice scavenger hunt.

mrsnesbitt said...

I am here dear!
Cold here today too...amazing after such a lovely weekend!
May put the heating on! LOL!
Dx

fairytalesandflowers said...

That is such a good idea Robyn, enjoy winter? But just remember sweetie your winter is still better than Scotland's summer, or so my friend who emigrated to Australia from Scotland tells me! Is it true???
Tons of Love
Wendy

Rowan said...

I find it really hard to get my head round the idea of winter solstice in June:) June to me is high summer, Midsummer Day, Titania and Oberon feasting and playing in the Forest of Arden, meadows filled with wildflowers.......it's strange to think that you are curling up in front of a fire and snuggling down with a good book.
About your last post - I agree with what Peggy said, you can't please all of the people all of the time. If people want to be nasty just let them get on with it - use the delete button! Life is too short to waste time with their silly mind games.

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn, It's been raining here for about 12 hours straight so far... if this keeps going, we may even crack (not quite break) the drought. I keep checking the radar to see if the rain is over the dams and so far so good. Phew, what a relief to my poor garden. How are you today sweetpea? It is a new day with a brand new beginning. xox

Annie Jeffries said...

Truly a Christmas in July sort of experience.

Suzie Ridler said...

It is so amazing that you are celebrating the winter solstice soon, I think doing a gift-away is a beautiful way to celebrate Robyn. You are such a generous soul.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are in winter and it is supposed to be 98 F here tomorrow. Please add me. Try to stay warm. Love Hugs and Blessings.

Kim Campbell said...

I love it!