"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Thursday, April 5, 2007

my last walk before 'scissor day'

before THE MISHAP, I had taken a walk in Leura and snapped some more of the local homes... the air was crisp and I felt so alive. I am sure times like this must do wonderful things to our souls....

the house above was surrounded by wild gardens - I am sure there must be faeries in there! alot of people say that Australia doesn't have faeries - but I am sure, no, make that postive there are faeries here - I am one! I have seen my faery friend lately too.. isn't that just wonderful. They don't look like you imagine ..

the next house below, was just so sweet, most of these homes were built in the early 1900's. we have wide verandahs around many of our homes, to keep the hot Australian sun out of our homes.


I love this house below, sometimes on my way to shopping, I drive past and sigh. the colours, the garden......it is worth around a million dollars....


and isn't the house below so sweet. In the 1900's alot of homes had very ornate fretwork to decorate the outside of the home.... alot of these homes were holiday or weekend 'cottages'. Owned by people in the city of Sydney who would travel to the mountains on the weekends...people still travel here for the weekends, staying in guest houses or bed & breakfasts..... I am LUCKY to live here (no, no - not in the house below - however mine is just as gorgeous... I will take some photos over the weekend)


14 comments:

Peggy said...

I just love all the homes but the last one is my favorite. I am going to have to do a walk about in my favorite neighborhood.

Janet said...

That last home is just fantastic! I would love to see the inside. I love the fence and the gate, all the trees and the lovely color. It's perfect!! Robyn, you do indeed live in a magical part of the world.

Beth said...

Well what a slacker I have been. I am so sorry to here about your scissors accident. I hope you are healing and feeling better. Forgive me for not stopping by in a while.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Daisy Lupin said...

I want the last house, the lovely pink and blue one. I just love the verandas and can imagine sitting on one, in a rocking chair gently rocking and reading a book or maybe a porch swing.

Dianne said...

What beautiful homes there, I'm glad I can see them and thanks so much for ahring with us..
I read in the last post your parcel was opened. The ladie at the post office I use told me to never write the word ART use craft instead. If you do use art they will for sure open it, so I only use the word craft now....
Thanks again Miss Fairy

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos!I like the last houst. The fence around it is soooo pretty! It looks soo cozzy.
Thanks for sharing!
*HUGS*

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

One of my favorite things to do is take photos of great homes large or small in different areas.(we're doing that again this coming weekend) So I enjoy seeing other areas, especially in other countries, as well. I adore that last home and the one above it with those large established trees. The second best thing would be if we could knock on the doors and say "would you mind terribly if I took a few interior shots for my blog?" LOL!!! can you imagine how fast the doors would slam? seriously, I WOULD love to see inside some of them!
XOXO

Lisa said...

"Scissor day" LOL That's awesome. I love your sense of humor.

I love all these homes. I can imagine being very happy living in a cottage like any one of them. What a blessing to live in such a beautiful area. It looks so lush.

Suzie Q said...

Ooooh, No. 36 is my favourite, too! How gorgeous is that?! A real dream home... gorgeous post, Robyn. I do hope you're feeling loads better now. Step away from the scissors - faeries need to ask humans to deal with scissor situations for them, I'm sure that must be in the faery rulebook somewhere... ;)
Be Happy, Robyn, and thanks for sharing your beautiful neighbourhood with us :)
Hugs, Suze xXx

Pam Aries said...

what datling little houses! THabk you for sharing! ..Glad your better!... PS: I am still unable to send emails..i can receive them..not send! nothing is working.

Jana B said...

*gasp* I LOVE the last house!!!! I wonder if I could somehow add woodwork like that onto my house?

*pondering*

Have a great weekend Miss R!!!! *hug*

vicci said...

ms. r.....I love walking around the area taking photos of some of the homes...I love yours! Sorry to hear about the scissor mishap! Take Care! Have a LOVELY Easter.

gma said...

Yes...these houses are charming....especially the last one...so sweet!You live in a beautiful area.

Tinker said...

These are just beautiful photos. Love that last one especially - it's like a little fairy-tale cottage. I should think there would be fairies in Australia, from the photos I've seen, it's beautiful there. xo