"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, April 15, 2007

like a duck to water

sorry if I haven't been to visit over the past few days - I have a life. Yes! I have been riding on the back of the Harley twice this weekend and I tell you, I love, love, love it! like a duckling taking to water. up hills and down dales, hanging on for dear life, sometimes gritting my teeth, but what fun. I tell ya, I am a regular dare devil. Of course, I was well protected.. in my pockets I had rosary beads, crystals, my lucky talisman. I blessed myself before I got on the bike and said a few hail marys when I got scared. I called out to any dead relative I could think of to come and help me be safe. I tell you, that bike was pretty crowded at some stages of our rides. But I lived to tell the tale and I am going again! Plus, each time I go, I get a reward for being brave.

Between bike rides, I have been ancestor hunting again and with the help of super sleuth Daisy Lupin, I have found some more relatives - in Cornwall of course - surname - Curnow....
if I go far enough back, maybe I will find myself in a previous incarnation.....

could this be me?. . .


16 comments:

Gina E. said...

Glad to hear you've joined the sisterhood of pillion wives, Robyn! If you have time, drop into Patra's Other Place and see the pictures of my prowl down Elizabeth Street...you want bikes????

Sheila said...

Robyn, I'm so proud of you...!
That you are enjoying it and actually having fun is fantastic..!
Funny how finding the name Curnow, has opened up the way for you to find your Cornish family.
I'd say you are discovering new roads in your life, in more than one way..
Hugs
xx

Carole Burant said...

Heyyyy, when did you get a life??? lol I need to get one too! Oh Robyn, how absolutely wonderful that you're having so much fun on the Harley:-) Funny how things that usually scare us, we end up enjoying! Also, what great news that you're finding out more about your ancestors!! xoxo

Suzie Ridler said...

I was thinking of you yesterday when I saw all these motorcycles out enjoying our lovely spring day and wondered if you were still having fun on the motorcycle. It sounds like you are, how wonderful! There's no better way to enjoy fall than on a motorbike.

Patty said...

I'm glad your having a good weekend. We are getting rain here. I love the old photo. It is so much fun to find our family history. I have been really luck and been able to go back several generations on all sides of my family.

Daisy Lupin said...

Get your motor running, head out on the highway......BORN TO BE WILD... Engine revvving hair streaming out behind large dark glasses!

Pam Aries said...

Sounds like fun to me! I a mnot a big bike fan. Had a wreck many moons ago! .. Did you get a nemail from me? My Outlook express is still out...so I got a hotmail address.

Jeremy said...

Hello R.
One of my best friends from school is called Curnow. He lives in Devon now. I need to contact him soon about something anyway. Where were these relations?

Careful on that bike,
Jeremy

hollibobolli said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun. That is most definitely an interesting thought (along with a great picture!!) I can't wait to hear what you decide.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Well if it isn't Easy Rider! Way to go....vrrooom vrroom! Sounds like a blast (although truthfully I'm not a motorcycle fan) - but I know you are so enjoying it and I just know Joe is loving having you with him.
Stay safe!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

you go girl!

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh Robyn, what fun you have been having. I bet the wind rushing passed you felt fabulous. And you are totally brave. I should write sometime about what a total non-starter I was last year on my brother's Harley. Wickedly funny.

Pam Aries said...

Hey there1 Just got your message..i am going to try to send you another email...

mrsnesbitt said...

Welcome aboard sister! You can not beat it for getting away from it all and getting some space all of your very own.
Will be watching out for more adventures.
We had an 8 hour ride yesterday! We stopped for lunch & Blackpool! LOL
Dxx

Jana B said...

Woooo hooooooo!!!!! You go girl!!!! Miss R, the brave little biker babe! lol

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

A harley??!! Super cool!!!!!! Some seashells from Florida, USA in the way to Australia!