"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Monday, April 16, 2007

I have opened a can of worms


yes ! - this family tree search has me like a woman possessed - or is that obsessed?
I think both!

I started with the Tregilgas that lead me to the Curnow family - not happy with knowing that I have real cornish blood flowing through my veins - oh no! I then decided to find out what happened to my ancestors - some seemed to disappear between census years. Of course there is no way of knowing what happened, I guess...

then I decided to start on my Nan's side of the family - big mistake! it takes me right back to Tennessee, Kentucky both in the US and also into Surrey in England.

if you don't hear from me, I am lost somewhere in Cornwall, in the 17th century.........

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh Tennessee and Kentucky. You're getting close to me, honey-child. :)

gma said...

Geneology is really interesting!! So many branches off the family tree. One thing for sure...our people were survivors of many difficulties or we wouldn't be here!

Jana B said...

Ooohhhhhhhhh my ancestors are from Kentucky and Tennessee too... cousins mayhaps???

Curiosity compells me to ask what last names they had.

Suzie Ridler said...

Why was that a big mistake Robyn? I'm curious. I hope you're having fun time travelling. It sounds like you are!

Sheila said...

I'm laughing out loud here Robyn..
I predicted that you would not stop with finding what you did...
Keep going and let us know who you find...!!
Hugs
xx

Tinker said...

Oh my - you don't have any Bowman or Martin surnames in there, do you? You're getting awfully close to our roots now!

Sherri Williams said...

Oooo, I live in Tennessee right on the border of Kentucky! Maybe you need to come for a visit to find out more!!! ;o)