"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Saturday, March 3, 2007

love from across the sea

awhile back I katie posted about picking up rocks as she went for her walks... I do this too. I asked Katie if she would like to swap a rock and she did... I received mine a few days ago along with some yummy tea bags! thanks Katie - yours should be there really soon - I was a little slack sending it off... I just kept forgetting to pick it up as I rushed out the door. I love receiving bits like this ... a little bit of Katie now sits in my 'studio'





and then, yesterday a parcel all the way from Miss Potato Prints - the most gorgeous hand written book - a story about ME! and illustrated by Miss*PP herself - her work is just wonderful. It made me laugh with joy as I read it - thankyou so very much miss*PP! You are one of my lifes treasures - bless you xoxo




16 comments:

Carole Burant said...

That booklet Miss Potato Prints made for you is so delightful, I can just imagine how excited you were to get it:-) xox

Suzy said...

What beautiful gifts.

I know a woman whose beloved husband died suddenly a few years ago. She picked up the pieces and went on, as people do, but now when she travels she picks up a special rock wherever she goes and brings it back to put on his grave.

Suzie Ridler said...

That sounds like the most beautiful present, a story written and illustrated about you! Caroline is such a treasure.

Patty said...

Oh what a cool idea..I wish I had known you wanted to swap rocks..I can send you one from Virginia here in the USA if you want one

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Oh how lucky you were today. I love the little book, how special. I also love rocks, I am always looking for rocks and have them all over my gardens. Hope all is well with you dear Robyn!

Tinker said...

Lovely stone - I pick them up along the way, too. That book is wonderful! How talented and sweet Miss Potato Prints is!! Great treasures, Robyn. xo

Annie Jeffries said...

Wow, Robyn. That little book is beyond special.

Pam Aries said...

What a cute lil' book!..I found a rock that looks like the shape of a heart yesterday!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

How delightful to receive the illustrated book from Potato Prints- I adore how she illustrates her blog - that so sweet to do one about you!
and the rock, well isn't it just the coolest thing. I am still sad someone or some thing ripped open the envelope and stole my shell before it arrived.
Sometimes the littlest things carry a large impact.
XO

Rosa said...

What an interesting rock and lovey book. I collect rocks too. Normally, I collect them from person's (I know and love) graves and such and keep around me.

Gypsy Purple said...

This looks lovely!!!

Unknown said...

Hi miss*R

It's so funny, I've been horribly busy at work, like 10 hours a day, and then the drive, so I've hardly read a blog.

Two nights ago as I was falling asleep, I remembered the little book I sent, and I couldn't remember what it looked like.

That was so sweet of you to post it. I like reading people's comments. I think you bring out the fairy in all of us.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how special that book is...........how special you must be to her and vice versa!! I cannot access your e-mail account for some reason (for the soul journal swap) I will try from work tomorrow. Rella

Jana B said...

WOW!!! I love the book she made for you... that is so cute!!!!!!

Kim Campbell said...

OK, I am beginning to think you ar emy long lost twin. My mother, stepdad and I collect rocks. ALl kinds from places we go. Plus I have many beautiful geodes that mom has brought. OH< along with my Anne of Green Gables doll from Prince Edward Island.