"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Sunday, March 4, 2007

the gratitude journal

I am still struggling with writing in my journal everyday.... I make notes often on bits of paper around the house or I note to myself that I 'must' include that in my gratitude and promptly forget to do so - but this time I am thankful that I am not beating myself up too much when I don't 'do it right'...

I had my mum stay with us this weekend * we had fun. I took her to the Sacred Lotus and bought her some incense and we sat outside as I smudged my crystals in preparation for the full moon charging. My mum has diabetes and is losing her sight because of it - so she doesn't see alot of small things but I was absolutely delighted when she noticed a tiny black butterfly fluttering around us outside - she said that the same butterfly visits with her at her home - fluttering around and she is convinced it is a sign from my Nan.. mum hates having her photo taken so I snuck around and took this one without her knowing...



she is of direct Cornish descendants - her dad was born in Devon and her grandma in Cornwall...as much as she doesn't admit it - she is of the fae, I am sure.


last night we took her to Echo Point, Katoomba for dinner. Our kids & grandchildren, us & mum, all had fish & chips in view of The Three Sisters at dusk. amazing place we live in & I am blessed because of it..... a few photos that I took on one of our walks this past week. . . .



this home above caught my eye because the garden was full of faeries - truly! I could feel their energies all around me as I walked by..


two quaint little miners cottages above - I love them - so much character and history


and these steps, they had a real aura to them, a real mystery - I wonder who walked up them in the past and where do they go?

14 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

Robyn, those are fairy steps, there are some fairy steps in my area, I will look out about them for you. They always have a sort of out of time feeling. I desperately want that first house the maroony brown coloured one with the fantastic fairy garden, I just adore that house it is delicious. I am going to keep that picture of it, it is such a magical house.

Carole Burant said...

Robyn, your mom is delightful and I'm so glad you had such a lovely time together:-) That picture of the house with the garden full of faeries is just adorable!! As for these stone steps, that was my first thought too...I wondered who had walked up and down them in the past!! xoxo

Unknown said...

What a beautiful mom, you are so lucky to have her with you still. The trip to Three Sisters sounds so special.

The photos of the houses made me so happy. I went to Australia six years ago. The mining towns were of great interest to me, way out in the middle of nowhere. I tried to draw some, but was not drawing well at the time.

Finally, the steps! A portal to the imagination. Beautiful.

Suzie Ridler said...

I love that you were doing such spiritual stuff with your Mom, how cool is that? I hope that you had a good full moon evening last night and got some rest. I am surprised that I slept so well.

You live in such an interesting area Robyn, I'm glad that you know that and love where you are. There is nothing more grounding that that.

KaiBlue said...

Oh hurry Robyn, those steps lead from Australia into Cornwall..Cant you see the Cornish pixies beckoning you? lol..
PEace n love, Kai

A bird in the hand said...

The steps gave me the chills (in a good way). I wouldn't be surprised if they were built by some old Cornishman.

I love that you can spend such times with your Mum. Here's to many many many many more. xoxo

hollibobolli said...

I love these pics - the stairs truly are magical.

And I think it's hysterical that you have to sneak pictures of your mom. I think I've finally just beat my entire family into submission with the camera. At first I got a long of "no pic - HAND" shots.

The butterfly part was great.

Enjoy the times.

Lila Rostenberg said...

I think those steps of so full of future possibilites! How romantic and intriguing! Would make a great journal cover too!

Patty said...

Hu Robyn
Sorry to do this via a comment but our emails to each other don't seem to be getting through. I need the name and address for my swap partner for the hippy swap. I never got it. I checked jumk mail and it is not there. I seem to get the standard letter that you have sent ot everyone just not the one I need with the personal details
Try sending it pattyceran@cox.net
maybe that address will work. Let me know please

Gill said...

Hi Robyn,
The steps are truely magical, worn down by many feet over many years. I love the way they bow (sp) in the middle.

Take care

gma said...

Wow are those stairs an optical illusion? I can't tell if they are going up or down....

Tinker said...

Your mother is beautiful, Robyn! Thank you for all the beautiful pics - I love those stairs, too - and I think you're right about that garden - it does look as though faeries are hiding in there!

(Hope this posts - still not quite out of Mercury yet!)
xo

Suzy said...

Beautiful photos.
Beautiful mom.
I love stone and I love stairs. I love the way they are worn in the middle.
I wanted to send you a little bit of something for your journal. Could you email your mailing address to me? sjgrindr@wisc.edu (a.k.a. Luminiferous Ether)

Jana B said...

The stone steps are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!!!!!!

I SO want to visit you one day. We can eat a snack on the steps!

It's awesome that you and your mom got to spend such fun time together.