"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

autumn equinox


while you girls in the northern hemisphere prepare for spring - I am getting ready for autumn - today is the autumn equinox, at 10.07 am today~ Mabon.
a time when the trees don their autumn ball gowns - gorgeous colours of russet, gold, copper and burgundy.
A day of meditation. A time to enjoy the fruits of our harvest.

a time for me, to shed old thought patterns. a time to release regrets and sorrows... a time to seek balance in my life. . .

yesterday I visited the cemetery, tidied the grave and burnt some incense.. i placed an apple and some rose hips.. I have no idea what people thought of me as I muttered about the graveside and you know, I am beyond caring. a good thing for me.
I have a lovely day planned today. a morning blessing, baking an apple cake, preparing Daisy's guinness & beef casserole for dinner, taking a food package to St Vinnies. I have scattered some grain outside for the birds and I will set my altar up later today. I am also going to spend some time in my sacred space, jotting down all those negative thought patterns that I have..these will be put into an envelope and placed in my soul journal...to be reflected upon and released over the next few weeks..

It gives my soul a certain satisfaction to do all these little rituals ~ the simplicity and the childlike 'playing' - makes me feel kind of in control... (yeah right)

when the sun sets - I am going to light candles in my home & garden... weave a wreath for my door, using some items that I found on my walk yesterday and say this spell of protection:

amidst the autumns darkest nights
our home be bound by brilliant light
a web of hope and joy and peace
be woven now, all dangers cease
by watchful eye
by lock & key
protect our home
SO MOTE IT BE


to all my friends in the northern hemisphere - I wish you a magnificent spring equinox * think of me on the other side of the world as i prepare for our autumn
namaste xo
(oh and I will be posting the apple cake recipe in my book of shadows soon!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm I am already five minutes late to take Isabella chicken to school... but I could'nt resist stopping in to say GOODMORNING SWEETPEA! Have a beautiful Autumn day and be the best that you can be. I'll be back later on.

Gill said...

Autumn is a good time of year, cooler weather yeah.
You are a good and kind person, I feel this by the way you write.be good to yourself.

Take care

Daisy Lupin said...

Happy Mabon, Robyn, tomorrow I will be lighting my Spring Equinox incense and lighting candles for spring. It is still cold here so I will base my spring feast around a lovely nutmeg flavoured home made rice pudding. I will also collect a bunch of daffodils that grow in the scrub land behind the cottage and welcome in spring. Happy celebrations to you

Janet said...

I love autumn! It's my favorite season. All your rituals sound like wonderful things to do. I'll look forward to your recipe for the apple cake.

A bird in the hand said...

I love all these little rituals -- I wish I was there with you to see and experience them. And have tea in your garden and maybe, just maybe, glimpse the fae. I know they live there, I just know! love you xoxo

Patty said...

Blessed Mabon to you in your part of the world..As I celebrate Ostar let us remember that we are joined in sister hood and our love of the goodess. Be joyful as once again the wheel of the year turns.
Hugs
Autumn

gma said...

Namaste Robyn...
Sending blessing to you as you celebrate Mabon. While I light my candles....I will think of you.

paris parfait said...

Robyn, I think all your rituals are wonderful - by honouring yourself and your beliefs, your inspire others.

Everydaythings said...

oh gosh Robyn, its been a cold start to spring...it snowed here yesterday and later on while the snow melted it became bitterly cold. The daffs were covered in snow. Hope it warms up a little! It must be autumn in my garden at home...oh how I am missing it but your posts keep my oz home alive in my thoughts.

Annie Jeffries said...

Fall is my favorite season. I will enjoy it vicariously through you Robyn. xx oo

Jana B said...

Mmm... Robyn, I am so proud of you for not caring what people thought of you at the cemetery.

Where is this book of shadows that will one day contain the recipe??? And, what is guinness? *looking at the casserole*

*hugs*

Rosa said...

I wish I were in your hemisphere. I enjoy the fall so much more. I'm not complaining tho. Oh no. Apple cake! YUM!