"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Friday, February 2, 2007

my faery altar, candlemas and other stuff



create a fairy altar to honour the fairies and to ask for their protection. Your altar can be anywhere you wish - you can have more than one & you can have one outside, wherever you put it - it will be yours and reflect your personality.
You might like to cover it with some shimmery, glittering fabric. Or you might like to decorate it with crystals, candles, a faery wand or ornament - lots of glitter or you might want only natural objects - leaves, shells, stones, feathers & twigs. whatever reminds you of fairyland but remember the little folk do not like iron


I love Fridays - it is MY day. A day that I do whatever I wish to.
Candlemas day today. . But is it really Candlemas for me? Down here - it is supposed to be the harvest festival - Lammas. Of course, I am totally confused. However - I am going to have lots n lots of tealights burning for Candlemas and will probably celebrate Lammas on the weekend. There are no rules.
I read this on the internet last night and it made much sense to me.

I believe that pagans of yesteryear did not do rituals for their Sabbats and certainly not in any ceremonial way to which Gardner has it. He was a ceremonial magician and combined the Sabbat celebrations with ceremonial ritual which was performed when doing magick. I believe the pagans of yesteryear celebrated the Sabbats as a festival where people gathered and shared in the seasonal changes and not standing in some cast circle, calling in Quarters with athames flying and incense flowing. They might have simply performed some sort of celebration in their home in honor of that Sabbat. Many of the pagans were farmers and worked from sunrise to sunset. Their lives were just as busy in simply trying to survive as our lives are busy now.
and today I am going to play. I am involved in an altered book swap - a one on one and I am obsessed with it. The ideas & creativity are pouring out, much like the rain outside (YAY!). as well as doing some pages for a chunky crow book swap that I am involved in as well. I can create anything when given a subject but if I have to come up with a subject - that is when I freeze up. I am thinking of joining our local artist community centre - they have classes at the moment in mixed media - it may give me some techniques and help me to loosen up.
In my mail box this week I had two pleasant surprises - a sweet set of faery cards from Pretty Lady & an ATC from Janet - it is gorgeous and will be put into my journal. thankyou so much to each of you. I am amazed at the constant love that is sent through the mail - it touches my heart xo
AND it is the FULL MOON ! shh - things are ok here right now, no lunatic episodes.....

5 comments:

gma said...

That was an interesting article you got from the internet...however it seems that a circle is such a natural way for people to gather....around a fire....many many things point to circular meetings....Why does he think they only celebrated in their homes? It is natural for people to come together during times of celebration!
Just wondering....

Pam Aries said...

Oooo..I always make little faerie houses in my garden out of pebbles sticks ,grass whatever is right there on the ground! when the Moon is full...and the Wolfbane blooms......

Pam Aries said...

Oooo..I always make little faerie houses in my garden out of pebbles sticks ,grass whatever is right there on the ground! when the Moon is full...and the Wolfbane blooms......

Suzie Ridler said...

Imbolc, fiery and poetry and restoration celebrations! The return of the light continues, I can't wait to celebrate! I am glad you are too.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Welcome back!!!
I am actually starting to build a fairy house in my garden, Thank you for the tips!
Please let me know about ETSY. I am interested in the doll with the crystal.