"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

we come from the land down under (and a photo competition)


down here, things are different.... well, I think they are. Sometimes, when I am reading blogs, I sigh with discontent, at the gorgeous photos that are shared - wishing I could live the life of that particular blogger. I wish I weren't like that but I am. I am grateful, thankful and blessed with my life - but sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side of the globe.

Today is stinking hot & I forced myself to go out to the shops to buy provisions to feed the starving. Whipping past the local florist, I noticed the roses, the orchids & the other exotic flowers that were for sale - then looking up, I spied through the window something that literally took my breath away. So I popped in - inside were frangipanis & other gorgeous flowers that are available here at the moment. But what took my breath away was a stem of pink flowering gum - what little ragged blossom is made of - so I treated myself, because I deserve it!

16 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

wow, those are amazing, I've never seen anything like that. They look almost other worldly. I can see why they took your breath away...and yes you certainly deserve them.
XOXO

Daisy Lupin said...

What an incredibly beautiful plant, I have never seen anything like it, it is just amazing. We always deserve to treat ourselves to flowers and plants, they give hours of pleasure.

paris parfait said...

What a stunning beauty! Yes, you do deserve to treat yourself! And glad you entered the photo contest. xo

Laurie said...

I have never even heard of this flower ~ but how wonderful and unique they are just like you my lovely friend!!

amelia said...

When I first saw this photo I thought it was a different colour peacock!!!
What an incerdibly beautiful flower!!!

Pam Aries said...

Beautiful, indeed! I thought it was a peacock too!

Sherri Williams said...

How beautiful! WOW!

gma said...

Stunningly beautiful...the land down under has its own treasures...and you are one of them!!!

Tammy said...

Those are amazingly gorgeous flowers!! I've not seen them before - what a fun treat!!

Janet said...

OMG I've never seen anything like that! They're beautiful! I'm so glad you bought them for yourself and then were kind enough to share them with all of us. Thank you!

Tinker said...

GORGEOUS! Just like you :)
xo

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. Can we trade spaces. I have always wanted to see AU. Love the pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Suzie Ridler said...

Are those real?! They're incredible! Absolutely insane and fun energy, perfect.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I have never seen flowers from a gum tree, they look like chestnut flowers but in pink!!

Annie Jeffries said...

I think so many of us would love to run away and live some of the lives we read in these blogs. It must be a sort of 21st century version of running away to Alaska or Tahiti. I'd like to live Frida's life for a week and Corey's life like, ohhhhh, FOREVER. LOL

Rosa said...

I have never seen anything like it! Wow!