"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Monday, January 29, 2007

one person's junk. . .

yesterday Joe went to an auction. I was on my way to have my massage and thought I would call in to see if there was anything I HAD TO HAVE. a few boxes of ephemera but nothing much else caught my eye. I took some photos ~ alot of junk but alot of possibilties....

I am so glad that Joe didn't get auction fever. He has been known to bid on stuff 'cause it is cheap and I am trying to declutter. but he did well - one box of paper rubbish & a pair of plaster cocker spaniels - one for me and one for my sister

I wanted to buy this doll, to alter but it went for too much money - obviously a collectable. I loved the little watch pinned to her chest. I had a chair just like that one - when I was little

"junque or junk or just plain rubbish?"



another doll that I wanted to buy but it went for a ridiculous sum of money. So, I have to be content with the box of cards and other paper 'rubbish' as it was described in the auction.

In the afternoon, I spent time between my garden - *spreading 8 bags of mushroom compost & 2 bales of lucerne, watering my citrus trees and making up some more comfrey tea* & my 'art' room - playing with an altered book that I am making for a swap, trying to work out who I have sent teenie tiny shells too and getting the last of my valentines swap together.

15 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

We'uns up North were the dog sleigh runs lol.
I've never heard of bales of lucerne. To me lucerne is a company that makes dairy product such as butter, ice cream, cottage cheese, etc.

peppylady (Dora) said...

opps, so what is a bale of lucerene?

A bird in the hand said...

I've heard of bales of lucerne.
*wink*

There is no such thing as paper rubbish....There is no such thing as paper rubbish.....There is no such thing as paper rubbish...

Enjoy your ephemera!
xox

Beth said...

I Love Auctions. So fun! I got the best book on Australia at school the other day. A teacher was getting rid of some of his books and put them in the workroom. I thought about you and snatched it right up. It has wonderful pics in it. I haven't been blogging alot lately. No much interesting things to write about. Hope you have a great week!

KaiBlue said...

I love garage/boot/auction/church/rummage sales..and thrift stores and art stores and treasure shops..lol..
I prefer to look and get ideas, I dont buy anything I think I can make!!
Im glad you got out on such a gorgeous day.. :)
PEace, Kai.

Carole Burant said...

I love going to yard and auction sales...but you're right, too often the asking price is much too high. It always amazes me what people will try to sell...that belongs in the rubbish...or treasures that you wonder how they can just get rid of it! Robyn, I mailed out your Sock Exchange package on Friday:-) Hugs xox

Rosa said...

At first, I thought you had bought ALL that junk! hehe. I do love that bed though. The possibilities! Wow! What fun!! xoxo

gma said...

That old iron bed was neat...I've seen them made into flower beds.
Dug into the ground and planted in patchwork of different colored flowers...Awesome!!!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I have to laugh as I was going to say the same thing as Gemma did, about the iron bed made in to a flower bed. I love to come across the odd shop, flea market, antique store etc. in hopes of finding that treasure - you know the one that you can't contain excitement for? You didn't take a pic of your "paper" box? I won't use the word 'rubbish'.
Sounds like you're keeping busy!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

Suzie Ridler said...

I find it's more and more difficult to get good deals at flea markets, auctions and even garage sales these days. It sounds like you did well and didn't spend too much money. I feel buyer's remorse all the time. I am also trying to declutter my life, you should have seen how much stuff I just donated!

Good for you Robyn, sounds like you're ready listening to your instincts and bringing the things into your life you really want.

Daisy Lupin said...

Tht sounds like a perfectly lovely day to me. Nothing like a good junk auction or a car boot sale and then finishing off pottering in your garden and your artroom.

Naturegirl said...

Oh I see a few things I would have placed a bid on..you are a busy bee!

Tinker said...

Hope you found great treasures in your paper box! xo

Gypsy Purple said...

To me it sounds as if you had a fabulous day...love the pics
Chamara

paris parfait said...

Sounds like a fun day, with some lovely treasures. Thanks for sharing the photos. xo