"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Saturday, January 20, 2007

mischief ~ in a word

here I am again, worrying about what others think of me - well in a way, I am. The other day when I was ripping up all my gorgeous magazines for collage, I found an article about an artist and her magickal home in England. Among the words were these: ' . . . . own designs sprinkle magic and mischief among the . . .' (sorry I can't find the rest of them anywhere) - the words caught my eye & I thought it described my home perfectly - my home is whimsical, quaint and eccentric *much like me!* & I do sprinkle magick and mischief around my home! So I grabbed those words, found my little faery and put them up above near my profile. Then I found out that in the flower world I would be a snapdragon who has a quality of mischief.

MISCHIEF:
1. conduct or activity that playfully causes petty annoyance.
2. a tendency or disposition to tease, vex, or annoy.
3. a vexatious or annoying action.
4. harm or trouble, esp. as a result of an agent or cause.
5. an injury or evil caused by a person or other agent or cause.
6. a cause or source of harm, evil, or annoyance.
7. the devil.

oh lord! just the description I need. So I searched a thesaurus to find a word that mischief meant to me: high jinks, impishness, playfullness, jest, joke ~ ahh, now that is better, 'cause I am really just a gal who wants to have fun!

8 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Now I've got the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" in my mind! lol It's always fun to try these little tests to see what they say about your character...I think it's fun to be a little mischievious! hehe Hugs xoxo

Anonymous said...

All anyone could ask of you, my sweet, is that you be true to yourself. Who could argue that you are not? You have come so very far, and I'm sure (like me) everyone is extremely proud of you. Not that it should matter what anyone else thinks..... I think that you rock! Lots of love, Nicole xox.

gma said...

The thesaurus definition is better...I have always thought of mischief as playful fun....I think the first 6 definitions were more about malicious mischief....
regular mischieviousness is all about the fun.:-)
Love ya, because of it!!!

A bird in the hand said...

I noticed your little faerie yesterday and loved her on the spot, especially since she's sowing magick and mischief.

I complettely disagree with the definition of "evil". Good grief!

xoxo

Naturegirl said...

Of course all girls want to have fun!
hugs NG

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

"When the working day is done,
Oh,girls,
They wanna have fu-un,
Oh,girls,
Just wanna have fun...."
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

Janet said...

I'm sure your home is whimsical and wonderful just like you. And it never hurts to be a bit mischievous.

Laurie said...

I like your description. I bet your home is a wonderful mixture of vintage/wicca/and pixie magick!
I think everyone should be at least a bit mischievious ~ gotta add a little spice to life sometimes:)