"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

damn, damn, damn - yes, I curse - the mail

oh my, I am so sad - I have sent a few of the teeny tiny shells of to some of you. still getting the others wrapped. Lisa has emailed me and told me that hers arrived but the envelope had been opened and there was nothing in it. I didn't put a letter in with the shell, just wrapped it up and popped it in the envelope and Frank, my post office man said I wouldn't need a customs form. Maybe I did.
So far, I have sent shells to: Laurie, Ninnie, Connie & Lisa.
Some more were going out today & the rest next week, but I will have to hold off sending them til I find out a little more about the rules of sending shells into a country.
Please let me know when you get yours or if you don't. I am so, so sad.

3 comments:

Heather said...

odd that! I wonder if it was opened at customs and someone just decided it was so pretty they wanted to keep it?! I hope the others arrive safely!

Suzie Ridler said...

What a total bummer. I know every time I put something in the miracle it's a miracle if it makes it to its destination and that's within Canada! I hope you're able to send out the shells, I heard that if you label items like that "craft supplies" (which they are) that customs doesn't have as many issues with that.

Anonymous said...

Mine have not arrived yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will get here.