"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

where have you been?


"Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son? Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?"


~I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains, I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways, I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests, I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans, I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard, And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard, And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.~

- BOB DYLAN -


well, not quite - but I have been contemplating the world - taking part in this course with Starhawk has made me realize just how fragile our world is & how much we need to do to help heal it.
I have been wondering where I am going with blogging


I have been researching composting methods and permaculture
and I have been in my garden.
I have been suffering hayfever after mixing 4 bales of lucerne and 2 bales of straw to use as mulch on my garden.
I have been mixing vegimite, malt and water to put into empty lemonade bottles to capture fruit fly
& I have been snuggling.


this is taken from my lavender garden - looking towards the front of my home

The moon is waning and I am going inward.


For some reason I don't have alot to say.


Yesterday I was in the garden for a few hours. I am feeling very connected to the earth these days which is good for me.


I was weeding and looking at my Feverfew & I noticed, about 6 ins in front of my face, a hoverfly - just hovering right in front of me. I saw its face! And its eyes - like it was actually saying hello to me. It hovered for quite a few mins, I stood still and just watched - it could have been a faery in disguise.

Now, THAT - was an amazing experience.

19 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

Wow Robyn, I have been sitting in the garden and everyday a hoverfly thing hovers in front of me and I can see its jewel eyes and its face, it truly is amazing. Plus we are both being visited by hooverflies.

Gill said...

Great to hea you are out in your garden, its wonderfull to have your hands in the earth.

Take care
Gill

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Sweetpea.... Sounds like your moon clock is orbiting at the same speed as mine. Your garden looks divine.... and is obviously doing so because of your talented green fingers. Have a lovely day.

Tinker said...

That does sound like an amazing experience - if we take the time to really look at it, the world is way more amazing than anything we could come up with in films or the computer.
Your garden is lovely - though we may miss seeing you around quite as much - I don't blame you a bit for spending more time there than blogging! Just pop in, let us know you're well and show us your garden whenever you have a chance! XOXO

Peggy said...

Everything looks so pretty in your gardens. I so need to spend time in mine but each time I go out I get distracted by something else that needs to be done like clean the chooks pen or fill all the water buckets. I am so disappointed in my yard and garden work but will try to take some of your energy and love of earth and see what I can do.

Gina E. said...

Ms Robyn, you are one of few truly spiritual people that I know. I don't post many comments here, but that doesn't mean I don't read everything. Your writings are fascinating and inspirational, and the photos complement them beautifully. Is Starhawk an American Indian? Ken went to some workshops a few years ago down here, run by an American Indian...can't remember his name now, but Ken was enthralled by what he had to say.

Claire said...

That's a precious, precious moment Robyn! I'm also reconnecting with the world on my morning walks. I take a little notebook and jot down things, then I'm writing them in a handmade nature journal. We have ALL this amazing beauty on our doorstep and we're so often just blind to it!
Keep on looking and sharing, dear Robyn!!

Sheila said...

Gardening is a very spiritual pursuit, and one that suits you. Your garden looks wonderful, and is so green. Sorry to hear about the hayfever..
It's funny to se the leaves falling from your trees, when mine are still struggling to come into bud.
hugs
xx

gma said...

All the work you do in your garden shows...it's beautiful...gardening is very spiritual...don't know why but it's so rewarding.

Suzie Ridler said...

That WAS an amazing experience! To be really seen and connect with nature...how fantastic is that?

You're going inside like the moon, contemplating and reflecting. It isn't a very verbal or literary time in the dark. I'm feeling that way too lately.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I truly believe this is what you are meant to be doing right now...it calms your soul and connects you to the earth in a way that shows the peace you derive from it.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are enjoying yourself in your garden. It sounds lovely. If I was a faery I would certainly pick your garden to visit my friend.

Hugs,
Connie

Carole Burant said...

Glad to hear you're spending time in your garden...having our hands in the earth seems to power us up doesn't it! My faerie garden is almost all dug up and soon I'll be able to start planting everything I bought for it...wish you were here to help me:-) I'm hoping a faerie or two will come visit me!! xoxo

lizzzzzzzy said...

Thank you for the invite, I don't know what happened. I planted 20 lavendar plants, along my front path so when they get big enough the plants will bless each who brush up against them...ah lavendar. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy

mrsnesbitt said...

I need to get out in my garden and was so frustrated today when I was ill......................
I just love walking round and taking photos.yes, of all that is nice, but lowering my eyes I see all that needs to be done! so I need to break it down into manageable tasks..........which I plan, when you know where!

Dxx

peppylady (Dora) said...

My feverfew looks about the same size as yours but no flowers.

My hay fever when it acts up it mainly attacks the lungs and causes my asthma to flair up.
But it doesn't keep me from going outside.

Gill said...

I love that you recognize when the insects are greeting you! That is so in-tune of you!
YOur garden is gorgeous. You needn't say anything. A few of your wise words and your photos are good enough. Great infact.
xo

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweetpea, Just finished chatting to Gina in Melbourne on messenger... she is getting a web cam tomorrow lol. Just checking in to see how you are fluttering! Lots of love, Nicole xox.

paris parfait said...

That does sound like a visit from a fairy! Your lavender garden is so beautiful! xo