"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Friday, April 20, 2007

the nasturtium faery

of course there is a nasturtium faery, silly billy me! there is a faery for every single plant on our gorgeous earth.



The Song of
The Nasturtium Fairy

Nasturtium the jolly,
O ho, O ho!
He holds up his brolly
Just so, just so!
(A shelter from showers,
A shade from the sun;)
'Mid flame-coloured flowers
He grins at the fun.
Up fences he scrambles,
Sing hey, sing hey!
All summer he rambles
So gay, so gay -
Till the night-frost strikes chilly,
And Autumn leaves fall,
And he's gone, willy-nilly,
Umbrella and all.

7 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

This is my first time in a private blog. It feels like I have to give a secret pass word to get into some club house.

Daisy Lupin said...

I am now going to look for a daisy fairy!

Gill said...

cute! :-}
I wonder what they do when we are not around??

Take care
Gill

A bird in the hand said...

That's a silly ditty, O ho O ho, but I do like it willy-willy, sing hey, so gay.

Can you hear me chortling all the way from there?? I needed that. A good laugh is so therapeutic.

Love you faery girl,

Your Gnomish friend

Tinker said...

I LOVE nasturtiums - and they don't seem to love the heavy clay soil here in our yard. I did get them to (just barely) grow here one year. You're inspiring me to try again, though.

Thanks for the fun poem and eye candy! xo

gma said...

How cute! Don't ya just love Nasturtiums little face and hat and funny sweet song....

Peggy said...

I just love that poem! I use to go out in the woods as a child and feed the fairies