"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Friday, February 2, 2007

lunatic

(the picture above, was found on the net 'somewhere' - I did not create it)
here I am, making my breakfast, planning on playing today, feeling very smug that the full moon hasn't affected me - then all of a sudden, out of the blue I am hit by a wave of sadness, loneliness, a melancholia. I thought I had been missed by the full moon this month, now it seems not. I am sad. Not depressed but sad. overwhelmed, but with what?
feeling like a lunatic and realising that the word has the word LUNA in it - I looked up the meaning:


1. an insane person. (I don't think I am)
2. a person whose actions and manner are marked by extreme eccentricity or recklessness. (umm - yes to eccentricity - recklessness? No!)
3. a person legally declared to be of unsound mind and who therefore is not held capable or responsible before the law. (no to this one)
4. insane; demented; crazy. (demented? yes, sometimes)
5. characteristic or suggestive of lunacy; wildly or recklessly foolish. (never reckless)
6. gaily or lightheartedly mad, frivolous, eccentric, etc.: She has a lunatic charm that is quite engaging. (yes, that describes me!)




then it went on to say:




insane and believed to be affected by the phases of the moon (hmm. . )




then this:


In Matt. 4:24 "lunatics" are distinguished from demoniacs. In 17:15 the name "lunatic" is applied to one who is declared to have been possessed.(oh geez...it is getting worse by the minute)




I think I will take to my bed, til the full moon has passed. I am sad and I need a best friend.


my best friend is playing golf today....... and anyhow, he doesn't quite understand the moon - well not like a woman does.


5 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

what a lovely image; is this something you did? Pastels? Just lovely.

http://ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress

Lila Rostenberg said...

Gemma had a lovely post about the victorian lady in the moon a few days ago...if the clouds would clear, I would look for her.
Hope you are kind to yourself...its OK to be sad sometimes...just BREATHE!

Suzie Ridler said...

The full moon has got me in its grasp too Robyn. I couldn't sleep last night and have been a wreck all day. One more day and it'll start to wane and we'll feel better. I'm sorry you're sad too.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to sleep through the night for about 4 nights now. I think the moon has alot of us. It will get better we just have to remember that. Love Hugs and Blessings

Tinker said...

Hope it helps to know you're not alone in your 'lunacy' dear Robyn -I know I can feel it especially this month.
I think some people are affected and don't even realize that it's the moon - so many in our society have lost touch with nature so much, they don't even know when the full moon IS, unfortunately.

At least it's only a short time each month. (((HUGS)))
xoxo