"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

honeys ~ I'm home!

yes, I returned home today. What a fun time we had - just relaxing, watching dvd's, walking, journalling & contemplating, sewing (yes, I made 3 dolls, one for etsy!) ~ eating icecream & I had the best garlic king prawn pizza ~ it was to die for! had one mishap - with our car breaking down - long story and very expensive but it all worked out ok ~ I was proud of myself, I handled myself in a very calm & serene manner when we had to be towed and then catch a taxi that cost $140 to get back to Sussex and although we only got to the beach once, I had the time of my life - it was a 2 hour walk to the rock pools and I found buckets of shells, stones & driftwood. Our cottage was darling...here are some photos.
this is the little cottage where we stayed, well not exactly the same one but the photo of ours wasn't so clear. Our cottage looked out onto the inlet & had views across the water. So perfect to sit and contemplate!


below is the co-op where you can hire boats to go out fishing on the inlet - I love it! so quaint ~ like stepping back in time. No one rushes here.




and the jetty below belongs to the co-op

below is the jetty which was outside our cottage - along with the view ~ isn't it just perfect? so serene! and that is exactly what it was - serene, good for my soul!



our cottage was actually situated right on the edge of the lake, with a path along the edge for about 2 kilometres, we walked every morning and night. this is a view from along our walk



and two more views along our walk



this absolutely gorgeous home was actually a permanent residence - it reminded me of On Golden Pond - the garden was delightful!



and the sweet little cinema - looks like it is straight out of the 60's - the whole town is like this ~ people riding bikes, no one rushes, ice-cream parlours, Love it!


I have lots of shells to take photos of and a special surprise for Kai! will post tomorrow. I am still in sea-side mode and it will probably take a little while to stop by all your blogs to catch up..but I will, I promise xo

25 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

What a sublime place Robyn, a true idyll, imagine living with a view like that. I love places where no one hurries, that's exactly how I feel about Penzance out of season, a nice ambiance, no one rushes. Glad you had a great time.

Everydaythings said...

robyn what a delightful place - looks really like a step back in time. Glad you had such a nice time - you sound v relaxed...photos of the shells please?

Naturegirl said...

Buckets of shells! I can't wait to see!It was a piece of heaven your seaside resort...and it's all green!
A nice place to recharge your spirit I am sure! :)NG

Lisa said...

Oh Robyn, I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Sounds and looks like heaven.

Carole Burant said...

Welcome home Robyn!! Sounds like this little vacation was exactly what you needed:-) Loved seeing all the photos, it certainly does look like a perfect place to relax! Ooooh guess what?! Your little package finally arrived yesterday with the ornament you sent me (only took a month to get here by airmail! Sheesh!)and I soooo love it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have it hanging near my computer and think of you everytime I glance at it:-) WIll treasure it always!! Hugs xoxo

Annie Jeffries said...

OK, this does it. I MOVING!!! LOL Glad to have you back Robyn. We missed you. You sound refreshed and rejuvenated. Annie

gma said...

Robyn, so glad you had a wonderful time. Sounds like a great place to rejuvenate and refresh your spirit!!
:-)

Janet said...

That looks like heaven! And you sound as if you got to relax and enjoy yourself. Great weekend!!

Tammy said...

Such lovely photos! I'm glad you had a nice time!!

Do you have an Etsy shop?! I'd love to visit if you do!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi miss*R

I missed you. These are wonderful photos. You sound so alive and happy. I make it a point to be around people who have just come back from a vacation. They really know for sure what life is all about.

Gena said...

Oh that cinema! I want to go! I am glad you had a good time! xx

paris parfait said...

Looks and sounds like the perfect (except for the car mishap) holiday! Glad you had a wonderful time.

Suzie Ridler said...

Robyn, good for you! I think this is exactly what you needed, not the car breaking down mind you, but getting away, discovering shells and that is just the cutest cinema ever! I'm happy you're home but I'm even happier that you had a great time away.

Sherri Williams said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely trip. I love the sea side. It is very calming. Glad you are back.

Laurie said...

Ah Robyn, so glad to have you back and so happy you had a wonderful time!! I find the sea works like a tonic on me, hence my daily walks by the beach. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Great pictures! I am glad of hearing of your nice vacation.

Giggles said...

Beautiful spot, sorry to hear about the car...I can relate. For the most part, sounds wonderful!

Peace Giggles

KaiBlue said...

Ok, it's freezing here n snow, so until spring, Im living postumasly thru your holidy pictures..lol.
They are lovely Robyn!!!
Peace, Kai.

ps...surprise? hmm...I WANNA KNOW!!

Heather said...

So glad you had a good time!

katie said...

i'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful time at the seaside - can't wait to see photos of your shells!
xox

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such fun.

A bird in the hand said...

Oh you did have a lovely time beside the seaside

tiddly om pom pom!

I love that cinema. I love the whole place.

xox

Tinker said...

Beautiful photos, Robyn and I'm so glad you had a good time (& handled the little unexpected times, with serenity!)
Welcome back!
XOXO

Alice said...

Glad you had such a peaceful and enjoyable week. Isn't Sussex Inlet just the prettiest of places? So pleased it has survived many bushfire threats in recent years.

kansasrose said...

This is heaven...these little places have so much presence and history...what a great place to just be...glad you had a lovely vacation. Missed ya too!