"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

out n about in Coffs Harbour

While we were at Dorrigo - I started to put some hand cream on and noticed that my wedding ring was missing - then I realized that I had left it on the bedside table back in the Bendemeer Pub - I was distraught - bursting into tears. Joe of course was so comforting saying we could get another one if we didn't get it back - but I was so upset, saying that this ring had been through alot with me - the birth of our child, the death of my dad, the cancer treatments and many more. So a quick phone call to the publican and it was found - they are sending it by mail back to me.
We arrived and settled into our room and the phone rang - our bank was questioning purchases that had been made over the past week on our business card. It had gone over the limit! We assured them we were nowhere near the area that it had been used and that our credit card had been skimmed somewhere while purchasing petrol and the scum bags had a party - spending over $20,000 in a week. So now the fraud squad is involved. Thankfully our bank will be refunding all the money.
after that fiasco - we had a cup of tea and a little siesta.
The next few days were spent with friends, just cruising around. On Saturday morning we had to muster at the local football field for the grand parade - what an absolutely amazing experience that was - over 4000 bikes riding through the town. The streets were lined by locals, waving flags - they even had the elderly from nursing homes, out in their wheel chairs ~ to sit and watch. So I sat on the back waving like the Queen!

I asked Joe to take a photo of my leather jacket - my hair is no where near that colour - it must have been the sun shining on all that chrome - reflecting onto my hair.

below is a photo I took of a guy on his bike - I thought he looked pretty cool.

and you have to laugh - my daughters think I am going through some mid-life crisis. When I saw air brush tatoos - I decided to get one - and messaged Sophie, telling her I had just had a rose tatooed onto my arm. A few seconds later, she called and asked me what the hell I was doing. To which I replied - ' hey, that's nothing, Dad had his nipple piereced' ....


(he didn't really) but her reaction was hilarious !!!!!

the tatoo washed - off after much scrubbing - I am not really a tat girl.

although I do have my radiation tatoos - three tiny dots - that absolutely killed when they were done... so that turned me off for life.

17 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

Robyn, what a roller coaster of a weekend, you are so calm about the negative things, and have enjoyed the good things. I am really enjoying this story of your travels and incidents.

Gill said...

So glad you will be getting your wedding ring back, as you say it has been through a lot with you.

Happy times to remember, sounds like they are a nice bunch of people

Take care
Gill

J C said...

Yeaaaaaaa you are back! It looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! I'm all envious. What fun. And you sound rested and happy!

Sheila said...

The tattoo story is hilarious..I imagine Sophie's reaction to your response was too..!
I'm glad you will get your ring back, that must have been upsetting.
As for the credit card scam...that is awful. Thank goodness you will get the money back..
hugs
xx

Peggy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip (except for the credit card fraud) and I bet Joe was so happy to have his wife riding with him. Loved the photos!!

A bird in the hand said...

Wheee! you certainly had a rip-roaring time. I'm sorry to hear about the mishaps, but thank goodness, the bak will fix the credit card thing, and your wedding ring is safe.

I love the pic of you, like you're giving a blessing to the crowd!

xoxoxox

gma said...

Oh Robyn....you are the bomb in that leather Motorcycle jacket!!!
What an adventure!!!!Glad you are home safe and sound!!!!
:-)

mrsnesbitt said...

I also laughed at you in front of the crowd...blessing the hoards!

So great you are doing this, we need more biker babes out there!

Beth said...

Whew, what a relief on your wedding ring, I would have been sick about it too. So bad about being scammed, that would really piss me off. Looks like your having a blast though,,keep having fun Ms.Robyn!

oldflowers4me said...

you looked pretty cool as a bikie chick- tattoo and all .

Kim Campbell said...

Merry Meet! I found your lovely blog by way of my friend kansasrose or Prairie Farmeress.

Just wanted to say Hi and invite you to visit my blog.

Blessed Be!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I said it before and I'll say it again..... You deserve happiness and freedom of spirit Robyn. I am so very happy for you. xox

peppylady (Dora) said...

I thought of getting a tattoo but there two reason I don't.
What happen if I gain or lost weight I don't want sagging tattoo and being poke with needles a bunch of times isn't my cup of tea.
But at times I thought of getting a temporary one for social gatherings.

Now for nipple piecing count me out!

Sherri Williams said...

Sounds like you have been having quite an adventure lately! How wonderful for you! Glad you are enjoying yourself!

Tinker said...

Hooray, you're back from your adventure! And WHAT an adventure it sounds like, too~

So glad you're getting your ring back and the bank is making good on that swindle someone tried to pull...

I laughed about the 'tattoo' and the imagined 'nipple piercing' - I can just imagine my own girls' reaction, so I'm sure the conversation was hysterically hilarious!

Loved the photos of you as a wild biker chick - Rocking Robyn!! XOXO

kansasrose said...

Great pics!!! You are one cute biker chick! Did ya buy the croc shoes? Glad the bank fixed the problem..hope they caught the people that did that. Loveto you...

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Robyn. Loved reading of all your adventures. Glad to see you back.

Annie