"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Saturday, April 28, 2007

not much to report from down-under

I really don't have alot to say - can you believe that?

I started a 6 week on-line course this week with Starhawk - called "Earth as Healer" and have been grounding myself outside quite a bit - amazing what you notice when there is a set task....

we have been asked to observe our 'special place' and to wonder - not worry about answers just to wonder....

I wonder why some leaves on my apple tree turn yellow before others.......I wonder what the birds are saying when they burst into 'song'.....I wonder where all the christmas beetles have gone....I wonder why my persimmon tree produces fruit, year after year and the tree next door produces nothing..... I wonder why snail shells turn white after the snail dies.....

the avenue of flowering plum trees that grow down the side of my home are nearly completely bare - it is raining today and you can hear the plants sighing in relief - they know that mother nature won't let them down - she will send rain when her children are thirsty..... I wonder why rain makes a plant perk up so much - we can water all we like but a drop of rain is like magick!

below is a photo of my front garden - taken this morning - the persimmon seems to have decided on a gorgeous gown for this years autumn ball - she has produced alot of fruit - the birds are having a ball with their share - they sing and carry on all day in her branches...

11 comments:

Daisy Lupin said...

your front garden is lovely all those beautiful trees. My lovely small garden is too small for such large beautiful trees.

Carole Burant said...

Oh Robyn, your front garden is just beautiful and how I would love to sit there and just listen to the birds!! We are just now starting to get buds on the trees so they are still looking very bare. Have a wonderful weekend my friend! xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Your front garden is quite lovely and quite large...what a fabulous place to have right outside your door. Is that fenced area with the closed umbrellas a swimming pool???

peppylady (Dora) said...

Your garden are beautiful. I bet they took a lot of time.

Your neighbor can't grow persimmon. Well I don't have much luck with cucumbers.
If I get 3 cukes to bush I got a bumper crop.

amelia said...

What a beautiful garden. I would love to look out at that all day, not suggesting that's all you do but I'd be tempted!!

A bird in the hand said...

You know I love your garden. I also love persimmons (the fuyu variety, though). I wonder if I'll ever make it to Australia?
xoxo

Sheila said...

Robyn, your garden looks magical..!
Lots of little spots to nestle in to, to think and hide and maybe find faeries..?
Perhaps your trees are more productive than your neighbours because yo talk to them...?
Enjoy your weekend..xx

gma said...

Oh so beautiful. An enchanting place for the birds and faeries to play!!!

Annie Jeffries said...

Dear Robyn, We all go through those quiet periods and the cool thing about it is, if we use these quiet periods well, beautiful things can bloom from them. Best wishes on the class you are taking. We are all looking forward to what beauty will bloom from that that you will share with us. Hugs, Annie

Suzie Ridler said...

What a beautiful and poetic post Robyn. Do you think your persimmon tree is blessed by the fairies?

Gill said...

Hi Robyn,

Whats the course about??
Sounds very interesting,
Your garden looks great

Take care
Gill